Saturday, December 05, 2009

While the Cat is Away.....

While we were in Hawaii for 10 days, my mom came out to take care of the boys. And they stayed B-U-S-Y the whole time. Here is what they fit into 10 days:

Luke got a 'Best Behavior' award at school. Very deserved because he tries so hard. He's a sensitive little feller like his mama, and avoids getting in trouble like the plague. He adores his teacher and would do anything for her. We're sad we missed the awards ceremony, but glad that Nanny could be there for him.

Our Primary had a talent show for all of the children to participate in. We heard it was great fun and a lot of laughs.

Kobe did a magic trick with his brothers as his assistants. It was a trick where a select few wrote down words on a piece of a paper and Kobe guessed what words they wrote while holding the closed paper up to his head. I heard it was great!

Luke read a story that he had written. It's called "There was a First Grader who Swallowed a Wand". He did such a great job.

And Jude's talent was his Ninja moves. If I knew how to post video on here, you would die. It was super funny. The most amazing part of it is that he has no formal training! Entirely self taught.

The bros biggest fan.

Jude and Tate spent a lot of time at the park with Nanny.

Nanny even took them to CiCi's Pizza and let them get balloon figures! She ventured to CiCi's pizza by herself with four boys. I don't have the courage.

After school was done, my mom loaded all the boys in our van and headed South to visit my Grandpa Couch in Rocky Ford. A road trip! My grandpa lives on some land, so the visit was full of adventures.

They rode around in my Grandpa's golf carts to find the perfect watermelon and a pumpkin to carve.

They also went to the historic Fort Bent where there were all sorts of things to see.

At the gift shop, Kobe and Jude bought an authentic Indian Feather. They were sure to try it on right when they got home.

Nanny even let the boys carve the pumpkin they got! Letting my kids carve pumpkins is one of the hardest things I do as a mother. I was so happy they got to do it with Nanny.

They had a blast with my Grandpa. But the thing I heard the most about was when they ate at the Village Inn there. They mention it all the time!

Mom and Dad finally got home and we were so thrilled to see our guys.

We loaded them up with all of the gifts we brought them from Hawaii.

We are so grateful to my mom for coming out and caring for hosting our boys for 10 days. Even though she makes it look easy, I know it's a tough job and I am thankful every day she did it so that I could go to Hawaii worry free.

Thanks, Mom!

3 comments:

Stina said...

Your mom is a saint! What a great gift to you and Jakob for your anniversary. I was going to say I can't believe she took care of all 4 boys by herself, but then I thought, "That is what Mindy does every day!" You are a saint too!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Kudos to your mom. Eating out, primary party, the park and a road trip...I guess it is all old hat to her. Will she come and watch my monkeys sometime?

Becky said...

Wow, does she hire herself out to other families?

I'm SO impressed (and jealous) by all of your blog catch-up!! Today would have been the perfect day for me to do some of that--kids home all day, high of 8 degrees, dead battery in my car...maybe tomorrow!

Oh, and remind me to ask you how you blotted out the name of the school when you posted Luke's award.