Monday, December 07, 2009

The Wedding

On October 23, 2009, my little brother, Robesies, got married to the beautiful Kellikins in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. It was a beautiful day, beautiful ceremony, beautiful reception, and beautiful couple! If I could redo my wedding, I would do it almost just like Kelli's wedding. She did a great job in choosing all the little details, and I loved it.

It was a whirlwind trip for me. I drove BY MYSELF with all four of the boys all day on a Wednesday. Jakob flew in late Thursday night. The wedding was Friday. And we were headed back home Saturday morning. It was fast and crazy.

I had searched for months and months to try and find the perfect dress to wear to the wedding. And I found it. It was all my wildest dreams come true! And then it was out of stock. Till the end of the year. So then I searched and searched for my second perfect dress to wear to the wedding. And I found it. And I got it. But it needed a slight alteration so it wouldn't be obvious that I-have-nursed-four-children-and-no-bra-in-the-world-can-give-the-illusion-that-I-haven't. It was a slight alteration that I never found the time for in my whirlwind trip.

So I am wearing my third choice. I do love this outfit. It's the one I wore to 'Wicked'. So all's well that ends well.

We bought Kobe and Luke their very first suits. They were, in a word, handsome. So handsome!

And Jude and Tate almost killed me in their little knickers. Can a mother die of happiness?

But most of my attention was on keeping them out of the wet, fall mud at the temple. But I followed my 'mother's instincts' and purchased an extra pair of white knee socks, just in case. I should've gotten two extra.

At the luncheon, I, unfortunately, planned a little surprise 'Matthews Musical Number'. We sang, "Say a Little Prayer for You". The speakers didn't word, so it turned out to be acapella. I don't know what I was thinking because we didn't have a ton of time to prepare. It turned out to be fun, though. Except, I was SUPER nervous to perform. Sometimes I think I'm such a performer, but then I get so embarrassed and want to crawl under a rock. I can talk the talk, but I can't walk the walk.

But it was so worth it to hear Kobe, Luke, and Jude take the echoes by themselves. "Believe him......Answer his prayer.......Answer his prayer now, baby.......Answer his prayer." You guys wish I knew how to post video on here.

The reception was so much fun. Great food and SUPER great live band. I remember my own wedding day being a blur, but it was weird that my brother's wedding day was a blur to me.

Jakob is able to multi-task socialness and corralling children.

I, for some reason, am not. So I'm either chasing kids around, or chatting for a minute and then frantically searching for my kids. It was a crazy night, but so much fun.

Tate hittin' up the dance floor.

My cousin, Mikey, kept the boys entertained for a long time with his drawing skills. A lifesaver.

We are so happy to have Kelli be a member of our family! She is going to be the best sister-in-law. And isn't she so beautiful? I can not wait to see their little black-haired babies. Yeah, for Robbbie and Kelli!

2 comments:

Stina said...

I love your outfit even if it was third choice. I want to see links to pics of what the first two choices were!

Loved your Christmas card photo. The knickers outfits are TO DIE FOR! I need to know where you got them so I can get Theo a matching set.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

You all look so great! I love your Christmas picture...I recognize the outfits. You are so brave to drive to Utah BY YOURSELF! Does your van have a DVD player. I sure hope so. Looks like a beautiful wedding.