His other birthday gift was to go out to dinner at his favorite burger joint, Cherry Cricket. We hadn't been in forever and we stuffed our faces good. It's so good. I can't even tell you.Monday, December 07, 2009
Jakob's 33rd!
Jakob turned 33 this year on November 18th. What an old man. I tried my best to make it a special day for him. He says he doesn't care if it's a special day, but I know he secretly does.
He got Norwegian Pancakes for breakfast in bed. And sausage AND bacon. SIDENOTE: When I get served my breakfast in bed, I give my boys hugs and kisses, and then sweetly, kindly ask them to get the heck out of my room and let me eat alone. However, Jakob doesn't really mind the company. And when I do clear the room out so that he can eat in peace, only a few minutes pass before he joins us in the kitchen. He's a people person. And I'm.......not.
After work, he requested yummy BBQ Meatballs for dinner. And then presents!

He got the newest Weezer CD. And some homemade cards. But his big gift was going to 'The Pixies' concert the night before.
He went with his friend, Mike, and they had a blast. They went super early since it was open seating, and they got in the front row! Jakob's been a 'Pixies' fan from the beginning, so when they got back together for a tour he was so excited to go.
The lead singer, Frank Black, graduated from Jakob's high school. So Jakob brought his old high school Jersey and got a nod and a smile from Frank!
Back to the actual birthday. I made our staple favorite cake - yellow with milk chocolate frosting. And the boys wanted to help me decorate it. It says, "Happy Birthday Dad" in M&M's. 
His other birthday gift was to go out to dinner at his favorite burger joint, Cherry Cricket. We hadn't been in forever and we stuffed our faces good. It's so good. I can't even tell you.
Happy Birthday, Big Daddy! We love you!
His other birthday gift was to go out to dinner at his favorite burger joint, Cherry Cricket. We hadn't been in forever and we stuffed our faces good. It's so good. I can't even tell you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jakob! It looks like you had a great day and night (at the concert)!
Happy Birthday Jakob (a little bit late form me!) Mike had a ton of fun at the concert too! I'm glad they got to have a boys night---finally!
Post a Comment