
My mother-in-law, Judy, makes a quilt for every one of her grandchildren when they're born. She usually does a cute, patterned fabric on the top, a solid fabric on the bottom, and then she hand-binds them together with some cute pattern that can only be seen from the solid side. We just received Tate's quilt, and it is the cutest!

The top fabric is an adorable, old-fashioned, little boy baseball print. And on the other side you can see the cutest Mr. Potato Head pattern hand stitched into the quilt. Can you see it? The cutest!

Thank you so much, Judy, for all of the time and work you put into each quilt you have made for my boys. They love them so much and love them even more knowing they came from you. And I love them because they are a sentimental heirloom that they will cherish forever. And they are so dang cute!
6 comments:
That is so neat that she stitched the Mr. Potato Head into the quilt! I love the last pictures of all your little men in their quilts.
What a great idea (Mr. Potato Head)! Did you suggest it, or was it a surprise?
That is such a neat thing. I still have the one that Gammie gave me. That is crazy that she hand binds them! I am not sure I have the patience for such things. What designs are on the other boy's blankets?
OK that is impressive. Now I want to see what the other sides of the bigger boys blankets look like.
Wow, I love that quilt! So special that grandma did that for everyone.
That Mr. Potato head is awesome! I think I love it more than the patterned side!
Post a Comment