Today is Tate Jake's six month birthday. What a guy! This last month he has been more happy and content, so I think we're over the worst part with this guy. But, I'm realizing as he gets older, I think he may just have a super feisty, impatient personality. There are times where I know that he is happy, fed, and well-rested, but he squirms his little body around and grunts just so I'll stand him up to see his brothers or walk him around. He knows what he wants and is not afraid to fight for it. Not a bad quality when you're the youngest of four boys, to be sure.He doesn't really like to be cuddled. Jude is my only true cuddler. Tate is only six months old, but really doesn't like to be kissed or rocked or snuggled. Even when I nurse him, he has one hand propped against my collarbone pushing me away while staying latched on. And sometimes, when I'm holding him up, I try to kiss his cheek, but he does this kind of dodging motion back and forth like he's avoiding a punch. What a rooster. :)
But he does do the cutest little love taps all the time. When I pick him out of his crib after a nap, he gives me non-stop love taps on my arm. So cute. I know that's how he says, "Mom! I'm so excited to see you! I love you!" He also does them to Jakob after he comes home from work.
And I'd say that he is sitting up all by himself now! He'll sit for five minutes or more, and then topple to the ground. But he's doing it without support! What a big boy. He is also talking a ton, but his talk sounds more like deep, bellowing yells. And, I think, he's already singing. He'll call out a single "Ahhhhhh" and hold it for 8 seconds. So pretty.Regardless of his feeble attempts to thwart me, I still get a million kisses in every day. I love this little guy and his fun personality. Here are my favorites for this month:
His chubby, droopy cheeks.
His blue, blue eyes.
The way he always is sucking on his fingers or thumb.
The way, when I stand him up, he stands up on his toes like a ballerina in first position, relevé. His legs get so tight, and so do his cute, pale bunsies!
His barely visible but definitely there small dimples and slight cleft in his chin.
His gummy smile.Jude's six month post.
13 comments:
My gosh, he is TOO DARN CUTE!!! Seriously, I loved this post, every word!
Okay, my ovaries are tingling. Dang it, Mindy!! You're making me want to have another baby with those bunsy and gummy smile-drooly pictures :D
Besides Brianna I have never heard of another baby holding their head up through every diaper change. My family tried doing this along with Brianna one time and we about died after a minute! Brianna used to hold her head up whenever put on the ground or in the bath tub. Does Tate do this too? He is so cute, by the way.
I can't believe he is already 6 months! That means you are 6 months away from being done with nursing forever!
He is sooo cute! I love how you describe his little personality. Can't wait to meet him!
I know I say it everytime I leave a comment, but he is so stinking cute! His blue eyes are amazing. Do your other boys all have brown eyes? It seems like they do. Anyway, I can't believe he is already six months old. Time goes by so fast. I am glad he is doing better. What a relief for you.
he is a cutie that is for sure. and yes a feisty personality will be a must with three older brothers! he's gotta make sure they don't leave him behind
Just have to say your Twilight picture is hilarious. I had to get real close to see that your Edward is actually another man who I'm assuming (hoping?) is your husband!
I wish Jacob was cuter or I'd copy you.
He is so cute and still so individual from all the other boys. It is so crazy that they all got their own looks. I can see Jakob more in him now. I love his gummy smile and can't wait to hear him laugh. That is funny that he doesn't like to be snuggled but always wants to be held. Gotta love those bunzers!
Hey Mindy, He is such a cute little man. Time goes by so fast, treasure it now! I love all the pics.
glad you're through the worst of it. I think that's why God makes them so cute so they have lasting power.
Ha ha, that girl's ovaries are tingling! He is SO cute! And Clara has those same adorable Christmas PJs.
Tate has grown so fast! Love the pic of him in front of the tree - and of his little cute baby bum!
Awww! I can't believe I've never held this little guy! He's so cute!
Tate makes me *almost* wish I had another little boy too. :)
Out of all your boys, I think Tate looks the most like Jakob. What do you think?
Post a Comment