A quick update: My doctor couldn't find any medical reason to induce me two weeks early, and she's out of town for the next 11 days. So my set induction is June 2nd. Two days early! Woo-hoo.
But I'm okay with it. The only reason I wanted to be induced this week is because she's traveling out of town next week. And I am in pain. But I can do this. It will give me more time to mentally prepare for the baby, since I can't really do much physically.
Yesterday I had a long OB appointment and asked one of my friends, Anna, to watch my boys. She called and asked if she could do it at my house because it looked like rain and she didn't want her dogs out in the rain. I said that worked great. It turned out to be a very sunny afternoon, but I didn't think anything of it. Until I got home and found my entire house sparkling clean and dinner ready in the fridge. Anna snuck my two visiting teachers, Melissa and Leah, into my house and they all cleaned the whole thing and made me dinner. I was freaking out like I was on candid camera or something. I couldn't believe it. I was so incredibly grateful and touched. Thank you guys so much!
My last big update is that we have decided on a name for this little guy:
Tate Jakob
I have always loved Tate and it has grown on Jakob this pregnancy. Once we were really considering it, we started calling the baby Tater Tot around the boys and they really liked that. They have been calling him Tater Tot and are very excited that out of Tater Tot has come Tate. :)
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That sounds amazing! What good VTers and friends you have. I love the name and am so excited to meet this little one. Let me know if you need anything (I feel safe saying this since your house has just been cleaned) :)
What a great post! I love all the good news! Your friends sound so wonderful and I LOVE the name!
I am sorry! I hope you go into labor the day your doctor is back in the office. If that doesn't happen at least June 2 is an even number. Good luck! It was so GREAT to see you.
I left another comment asking about when you were going to have baby Tate...I guess I just needed to scroll down a bit to find out.
Ah ha--so Leah must have wanted me to watch her girls while she cleaned your house. Unfortunately, I wasn't available when she called, but how nice of them!
I love the name Tate by the way. Ryan's not too into it, so don't worry we won't be copying you for our third boy (which is sure to come, right?). Good thing since we already copied you with Luke!
And like I said the other day, I'd be happy to help you get addicted to running. You can, you really can!
You guessed it Lindsay. =) It worked out just fine. And I'm glad that we were able to make your day Mindy! =)
Tate is a cute name. I can't wait to see how cute this little guy is going to be too!!!!! I'm so jealous. Having 4 boys would ROCK!!
Tater Tot is the perfect nickname for a little boy named Tate. So cute! And what good VT's you have!
Post a Comment