

Soccer season is done! Yay! This soccer season was a tough one because the weather was totally uncooperative the entire time. We played in rain, snow, and freezing cold wind. The boys had a great season, though, and a lot of fun. But nothing makes me happier than when it is all over. Yay!!!!!!!!

Kobe was put on a brand new team this season because everyone on his old team moved away. The team he was put on has been playing together for years, but Kobe found his niche and made quick friends. Jakob and I, however, weren't used to dealing with the kinds of parents on this team. Since they've been together for years, they are all very bonded and very intense. This soccer team is their life. They accepted us with open arms, but I kind of felt uncomfortable around them. I was kind and friendly, though. I'm a great actress.

Kobe played well this season, got lots of goals, and got the 'Most Improved' award.


Jakob coached Luke's team this year and that was a lot of fun. For me, at least. For Jakob it was a little stressful, but he is SO great with kids and the whole team just loved him. It was hard because a lot of Luke's teammates had never played soccer before, so Jakob had to teach them from scratch. But they all tried so hard and it was such a fun group of boys.



Luke played so well this season. He got the 'Super Speed' award because he was so fast on the field! He could usually outrun whoever had the ball. He also scored lots of goals. He loved playing soccer and loved having his dad as his coach. Thanks, Jakob, for all your hard work! We're done!!!!!! (Until the fall.)
3 comments:
Love all the pics! I think it's awesome how elated you are that it is over. I don't know how I'm going to survive childrens' sports activities, but I guess if they love it, it makes it worthwhile. (You still haven't convinced me on camping yet, though.)
Wow Min. Great pics! Reminds me of the good ol' HotChicks days. I think I was more worried about how I looked in the picture and trying to prevent my glasses from fogging up during a game then I was on the actual sport of the game. oh, i am laughing so hard right now I could cry.
So cute. And I'm glad for you that it's over, although I'm sure your boys will love these memories. Tom and I coached a kids team together when we lived in Provo and we were always worried that the kids' parents thought we were pedofiles (sp?) since we didn't have a kid on the team. They are just so fun and hilarious playing at that age. My mom still tells me stories of how I used to do cartwheels out on the field, totally oblivious to the fact that there was a game going on. And how nice that Jakob had the time to coach. I can only dream for that. :)
Post a Comment