Thursday, May 15, 2008

School Days

I have a few random things to write about Kobesies at school. Every year they have school pictures taken in the fall and in the spring. I always buy the ones in the fall, and I was super grateful I did this year. School pictures are usually taken throughout the day, and that's a bummer because boys can be quite messy. Kobe's spring pictures were taken right after school lunch and their long recess, so Kobe's teacher told everyone to go to the bathroom and wash off their faces and fix their hair. Kobe doesn't do his own hair. And this is why:

This picture was just a teaser to try and get you to buy more. No Danks! Super cute effort though. When I saw this picture I immediately compared Kobe to another character with interesting hair:

Mr. Collins. 'Mr. Collins' just happens to be the nickname I've given to my favorite American Idol contestant this year:

David Cook.

Here is something Kobe brought home from school that made me laugh. These are follow up questions to his chapter book he's reading:

The teacher didn't mark it wrong. She must've gone easy on him because she felt bad that his mom has such a bad 'temporarily'.

And lastly, here's some sample words from his recent spelling tests:

bijou
boisterous
cockleshell
hibiscus
surplus
pulsate
Polaroid
spoilage

Yowsers! I am so ready for this year to be done!

6 comments:

Stina said...

Oh my gosh - I am DYING! I love his little curl. And you are so right that Mr. Collins looks like that American Idol guy (sorry I don't know his name, I haven't been watching).

Kobe's answer to his "temporarily" question reminds me of a cookbook my brother's kindergarten class made. Everyone had to write a comment about their mom and he wrote "My mom is a medium cook" when everyone else said "My mom's a great cook!" etc. She still remembers it.

What is a cockleshell??!?

Seriously... said...

the "temporarily" comment is TOO funny!!! i'm glad you have that scanned and documented....that will be a classic.

Jenn said...

Ok, I was totally laughing out loud. Tom said that our kids will say the same thing about mom's "temporarily."

Anonymous said...

I love Kobe's hair! Kai has been into doing his hair like that lately . . . He says it's his "handsome" hairdo! I didn't realize until you just pointed it out that maybe we've been watching a little too much American Idol! Ick! I can't stand DC's hair!
p.s. look at the size of DC's head next time he is standing next to Ryan Seacrest . . . You'll be pulsating with boisterous laughter!

Rachel B. said...

This post just makes me laugh! I love it all.

Becky said...

I still can't believe the ridiculous words his teacher comes up with! I wonder if the principal knows about them? It doesn't teach them anything about spelling to make them memorize the spellings of a bunch of random "hard" words that they don't even use! (I used to teach 2nd grade. I'll shut up now.)

I laughed out loud at your Mr. Collins/Cook! And I've noticed the head comparison with Ryan, too. But Ryan is just tiny, head included.