Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Journal

I just wanted to journal a few things the boys said that I always want to remember. I really am using this as sort of a journal, so bare with the entries that might be only entertaining to me.

  • When we went to the school musical, the boys were really good and paid attention to what was going on. Half way through, Luke leaned over to me and said, "Where are the toys?" I said, "There are no toys. Did you think there would be toys?" He said, "Yeah, because it's called a play."
  • We went and ate with Jakob at work tonight. His client is super close, so we try and go eat dinner with him once a week. The boys love to go to work to see dad, and Kobe was reminiscing about when he got to go to work with his dad last year. He said, "Remember when I went to work with you on 'Take Your Oldest Son To Work Day'?
  • On the drive home, there was a little potty humor. From Luke, of course. He wasn't trying to be funny, just had a few ideas. He announced that instead of calling gas 'Gas', he now wants to call it 'Steam'. I had to bite my lip so hard not to laugh out loud. It's hard to be a good example of clean talk when I find potty humor so funny!

And last, just wanted to reveal that this sweetest little baby shown on my last post is none other that my little brother, Will. He looks just like Jude. What a cutie!

5 comments:

Stina said...

Those anecdotes are hilarious! Thanks for sharing them with us even if they are for the purpose of your own journaling. Your kids say the darndest things.

D-dawg said...

Mindy I also wish I didn't love potty humor! I don't know why it's so funny to me but it definitley makes it hard not to laugh at your kids. Luke is funny.

Natalie said...

I loved this post, Mindy. It's so fun to write down what your kids say, and even more fun to look back on it. That "steam" comment from Luke made me laugh outloud!

D-dawg said...

where are you? I miss your blogs. I mean, it has only been a week but I keep checking back here to see if there is a new one! I hope you're having a good week!

Rachel B. said...

Mindy, I miss your blogs too. Where are you?