Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's On

A few years ago, when Kobe was still in preschool and I was the preschool helper, the Leprechauns came to the classroom on St. Patrick's Day. Nobody saw the Leprechauns, because they come when nobody is looking. They did crazy things to the classroom. They knocked over chairs, turned pictures upside down, messed up the toys, and wrote a misspelled message on the board. The kids were filled with excitement. The Leprechauns were so wild! And they came to our classroom!

Since then the boys are always anxious to see if the Leprechauns will come to our house on St. Patrick's Day. And they do. The boys anxiously run into the house with smiles all over their faces. The Leprechauns turn our pictures upside down, take all the candles off of their holders, knock down all of our chairs, take the cushions off the couch, and switch Kobe and Luke's bedding. Those are all of the things that I notice. But Kobe and Luke inform us that they do a lot more than that:

"Woe! The Leprechauns threw clothes all over mom and dad's bedroom floor!"
"Those crazy Leprechauns put dishes all over the kitchen counter!"
"I think they went into our garage! It's so messy!"
"Ah, Man! The Leprechauns threw hundreds and hundreds of Q-tips all over the bathroom floor!" (Ironically, Jude has the exact same inclination.)

Well, it was St. Patrick's Day again. And all I have to say is....

OH, NO YOU DIDN'T! OH, NO YOU DIDN'T GET UP ALL IN MY CRIB MESSIN THINGS UP!

But they did. Our house is a total disaster. There is laundry all over the floors, the toilets aren't flushed, the kitchen is full of dirty dishes, toys are everywhere, our garage is in total disarray, and junk mail, newspapers, and random papers are scattered everywhere. I just don't know if I can take another St. Patrick's Day. So if any of you happen upon any of these Leprechauns, please let them know that it's on.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

So, THAT'S what happens to my house! Pesky leprechauns! Time to stop letting them get the best of me and my house.

(By the way, I think that is such a cute tradition you have with your boys! I'll have to try to incorprate it next year - and it won't be too hard to do judging from how my house usually looks!)

D-dawg said...

wow... I have a few things to say about leprechauns too! I was going to blog about it today. The are pests and Natalie, some advice, DON'T start the tradition (o:.... it went awry at our house this year.

Stina said...

You're such a fun mom! I don't think I could muster up the energy to leprechaun-up my house, and then have to de-leprechaun the house. I bet your boys love it though!

Anonymous said...

You are SO good about holidays, birthdays, celebrations . . . I've blamed growing up with an asian mom for the reason why I don't get into holidays, but I'm starting to suspect that the real reason is laziness - and a lack of creativity!

Anonymous said...

Leprechauns come to my house every day! If you find out how to stop them, please let me know.