Monday, January 03, 2011

Santa 2010

We went back to our favorite Santa stop, Bass Pro Shop.

The boys did all of the activities at Santa's Village before we visited the Big Man.

Tate loves to draw and color. He is really focused on it and will spend a lot of time on all the details of his scribbles. He is officially left handed (even though he's experimenting with his right hand in these pictures). I'm sad about it just because I see it as one more thing that he'll have to struggle with (smearing his writing with his hand, spiral notebooks, finding left-handed scissors, etc.) Jakob is ecstatic, for sports reasons.






Indoor snowball fight.

The Santa hats were Kobe and Luke's idea.  Santa really liked our enthusiasm.

We know that when we visit Santa that sometimes we are visiting one of his helpers. But we really think this may have been the real one. He was jolly and kind.

Jude asked Santa for a small notebook that can fit in his pocket. And then Scrooge lifted him on his shoulders and Jude exclaimed "God bless us every one!"

I was kind of surprised that Tate was so traumatized by Santa this year because he usually likes to do whatever the big boys are doing. I, obviously, did not think I was going to be photographed that day.

We visited the fish next.


And then we spent some quarters at the shooting range.

Even though I should have four kids down by now, I still am a little anxious when I take them all out for an activity by myself. Everything was going smoothly until the shooting game. They got frustrated. They all needed my help at the same time, but I was really no help because I don't really know how to shoot straight.



I tried to make some things go off for the grand finale, but couldn't. We missed our daddy this trip.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Mindy you look so cute in these pictures! We miss you guys! I am glad you guys had such a fun Christmas!

Olivia said...

That picture of all the boys aiming their guns is straight from "a christmas story" you'll shoot your eye out scene. Love it!

Stina said...

I am amazed that you can bring all four boys out by yourself. I feel overwhelmed sometimes just dealing with Theo!

Michiko said...

Wow! You finished your kitchen AND got all caught up on Christmas posts. You're my new inspiration!