Sunday, January 23, 2011

Right Place, Right Time

Last night we came face to face with Jimmer Fredette after the BYU/CSU basketball game! Kobe, Luke, and Jude got his autograph and got to take a picture with him. It was the happiest moment of Jakob's life. He was bawling like a baby. Just kidding. But it was thrilling for all of us.

We went to the game in Fort Collins. It was so much fun. We've finally arrived at that moment in our family where the game was more fun than it was stressful. We've been waiting for this moment for 9 1/2 years.

It was a great game. A small stadium and nice CSU fans. There were a lot of BYU fans that turned out, too. Jimmer Fredette scored 42 points and BYU won 94-85.

The boys loved the game. They were supportive of BYU and started a few cheers. Mostly "Defense" and "B-Y-U". They also were big fans of cheering "Pre-ssure" every time CSU was shooting free throws. I meant to ask Jakob where they learned this one from, but I forgot. If I was embarrassed by the "Pre-ssure" cheer, you'd never be able to tell it from my face.

There was soda.

And there were action figures.

Jude was intrigued by this Spiderman fan and wanted me to take a picture.

Tate was amazing. He likes sports, so he sat and watched a bunch of the game. And when he tired of that, he just played with his pups and walked back and forth between Jakob and I. He's what made the night.

After the game was over, Luke was a little emotional because we didn't go down to the court with our friends and try to get autographs or high-fives. So we headed down to the court to see if we could salvage the evening for our little paparazzi.

We felt lucky because they got to give high-fives to Logan Magnusson and get Kyle Collinsworth's autograph. Just like that one time, I was completely unprepared for autographs. They had their ticket stubs and I dug through my diaper bag to find a red ball-point pen. Good enough. The boys were happy.

The guards told us no more players would be coming out, so we left the stadium. We were heading to our car when we saw BYU's bus. We wondered where the players leave from and we saw this little door with a few other families waiting there. So we put on our hoods and waited, too.

Then Noah Hartsock came out and the boys got his autograph. He was super nice.

Then Logan Magnusson and Jackson Emery came out and the boys got their autographs.

Jude was the smallest kid getting autographs. Jude forget his pen and Jackson Emery said, "Hey, Little Guy! Don't forget your pen!"

Then we shot the breeze with Jackson Emery about him going to Lone Peak High School with my brothers. :) And the boys took a picture with him. He is the super nicest guy in the whole-wide world.

Then Charles Abouo came out and they got his autograph. Along with Nick Martineau.

Then we waited a little longer and I said we better call it a night and head home. We were about to call the boys back to us.........when the boys saw HIM walking toward the doors.

Jimmer Fredette. Luke was the very first kid to get his autograph. He was very nice, too.

Then Brandon Davies came out and we got his autograph. His hat was hung low so it's hard to tell it was him.

Then Kobe, Luke, and Jude got their once-in-a-lifetime photo with Jimmer Fredette.

It's sad that Taters wasn't in it, because he is really the only one that made this whole thing possible. He was such a trooper! It was 10pm before Jimmer even came out and we were waiting in the freezing cold. Tate is the real hero of the story. :)

Here are our super sad ticket stubs. I want to go over all the red marks with a sharpie, but Jakob says that's really not allowed. When will I learn to be more prepared?




It was a great night. The end.

8 comments:

Alex said...

I loved the pressure cheer and I love Jimmer. So fun!

Grace said...

ahhh that looks so fun!! you guys got such good pictures! cute!

Michiko said...

Jeremy will be SOOOO jealous when I show him your post! Good job Tate for being so good! We look forward to the day when we can go places again too. :)

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

What an amazing night! The BYU basketball team is awesome, and to be able to meet so many of the players is very cool. The picture with Jimmer is priceless! He is going to do so well in the NBA.

Jill said...

I want you to know that I am sitting here, completely jealous of you guys. We just booked it out of there without even thinking about meeting the players.

Maybe we'll catch them at the Air Force game.

Stina said...

You are such a good mom of boys. They look like they are in heaven and so happy! (BTW, I saw the Jimmer pic on FB via Jakob WAY before your blog post. He totally scooped you on this. GET ON FB!)

Tristen said...

This was hilarious to me, I wish we could go to a game with you guys, your kids would be a blast to watch with!! :) And I TOTALLY hear you about Tate being the hero of the evening, he could have broken the evening but it looks like he was enjoying how much fun everyone was having. Cute little guy. Hope he likes his new pink boots... lol.

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

Too cool!! We should have stuck around with you guys a little longer!