
SaturdayWe took a full day and drove to Utah, stopping only to nurse Taters and fill up the car. The boys did so good, especially considering that the AC wasn't working up to par.
When we arrived, we quickly changed into our picture taking outfits to take pictures at Sundance with Jakob's family. The weather and atmosphere in Sundance was so awesome and peaceful. The boys had so much fun running around with their cousins, and I think some great pictures were taken. I haven't gotten the big family ones yet, but these are our family from my camera.


SundayTate Jakob's blessing. The main reason we went to Utah was for Tate's blessing. We figured it would be easier for our family to go there than for all our extended family to come out here. We couldn't bless him in my parents ward, so we did it in their home after church instead. It was so wonderful! Jakob and I both really enjoyed blessing him in a home as opposed to a church. It's so much more intimate, you don't feel rushed because the whole meeting is waiting on you, and everyone in attendance really cares about and loves the baby being blessed. If I could do it all over again, I would do them all in a home. Jakob gave Tate the most beautiful blessing. We had a wonderful dinner afterwards and it was so fun to have everyone together and munch and mingle.

My friends, Christina and Dave, were able to come for the blessing. It was so good to see my cute pregnant friend. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to come and see us!
MondayA nice relaxing day at the Nickelcade. The boys had a blast and I parked it in a birthday room with Tate and just read. It was fun for everyone!
In the afternoon we went up American Fork Canyon for our picnic tradition with my family. It wasn't as idealistic as it was supposed to be when a swarm of bees attacked our table. The actual picnic lasted only 20 minutes as we were forced to pack it all up and head home. I really, really HATE bees. I don't throw out the 'H' word often, but this summer I have had real issues with bees. Jude and I once had to leave a park and all of our friends because a bee wouldn't leave Beans alone.Tuesday
Tuesday we spent the day at Seven Peaks water park. Tate and Mommy just hung out in the shade while the other boys swam with their Daddy, uncles and aunts, and cousins. It was a blast! So much fun that none of us remembered to take any pictures. I'm always bummed when that happens. But we all had fun and Kobe and Luke even went on a bunch of water slides.

Tuesday evening we went to our friends, the McQueens home for playing and dinner. The Prices (minus Cory) came up to for the visit. It was so good to see them all again. I miss them so much. Why can't things just stay the same? I don't like change. But at least it's fun to visit them when we can in Utah.
Back at home, we played games all night.....or until we were really tired around 11:00pm.
WednesdayWednesday was our Girl's Day. I first went and got Tater's hand prints done like I always do in Utah. Then my mom, Marcie, me, Jude and Tate went to lunch at Gardner Village and did some shopping. Jude also got to take a pony ride there. So much fun. We also stopped by Rod Works. Utah has the best shopping anywhere.

While we were shopping, Jakob took the older boys with my brothers and dad to Sliding Rock. It's a little bit of a hike and then there's a natural rock slide. It is super slick and fast, so Luke had to go with an adult. They had a blast. 
Then we all met up for some shaved ice. At night all the adult men (plus Grace) went to see 'The Dark Knight'. The more I hear about it, the more I'm glad I didn't go.
ThursdayThursday was our little family day. Jakob, me, and the boys drove down to BYU to show the boys a little bit of the campus and shop for some BYU wear for our little BYU fans. We met Robbie for lunch and had some creamery ice cream. I love going back to BYU. Our first trips back to BYU we would sometimes see people we knew. Now, we are so ancient. I feel a tad out of place, but at the same time completely at home back at BYU. I hope that BYU doesn't become impossible to get into in the future so that my boys can have a chance to get in. Jakob and I then made mandatory stops at our favorite places for lunch: Jakob at Cafe Rio and me at Bajios.
Thursday afternoon my mom, Marcie, me and Tate went to see 'Mamma Mia'. LOVED IT! I love musicals so much. I think I'm going to try and go see it again by myself this week. I just love that world. After the movie we went and got some shaved ice again. Another Utah delicacy. Thursday night Jake went and played some basketball at a church.Friday
We woke up and got on the road to home. So sad to leave family. But since this is our only vacation this year, we decided to only go halfway and stop for the night in Glenwood Springs. This was one of Jakob's and my favorite getaways and we really wanted to take the boys there. I'm glad we decided to only go halfway because the AC on our van completely stopped working two hours into our journey. It was 113 degrees outside, so even with the windows down it felt like we were melting. I was almost crying because I felt so bad for my little angels, especially my infant, to be in such torturous heat. But we survived.
We arrived at Glenwood Springs, took a quick dip in the pool, and then headed to the best restaurant in Glenwood Springs, The Italian Underground. We knew there would be a wait, but it turned out to take forever. The boys were tired and frustrated. Some ridiculous man who thinks he's good with kids stopped to talk to them, totally insulted them, and made one cry. Some people make me so angry. Then, when our name was finally called, we were walking to our hostess when some other man got to her first, whispered something in her ear, and then she told us we weren't up and seated that man and his party. He totally cut in line! I knew he was after us! He probably slipped her some money or something. He saw that we had four small children. The only thing that comforts me in these situations - and I mean the only thing - is thinking that he will have to pay for this after this life. I know that is very immature, but that's where I'm at right now. He will pay. Because he cut, our wait was going to be so much longer because it's a small restaurant.
Jakob went to complain and, since they knew they cheated us, they squeezed us into this little small table by the bar. The boys were tired - yada, yada, yada - it was a horrible dinner. The only thing that brightened the boys spirits was the town drunk sitting right next to us the whole dinner who kept talking to them. He wasn't grumpy like the first man. He was overly joyous. The boys liked him.
SaturdayThe next day we went swimming in the giant hot springs pool. It was great. The boys were - as always - a little overly confident in their swimming abilities. But we survived. I love the atmosphere of Glenwood Springs, but it was somehow more serene when it was just Jakob and I.
We made it back. We are home. Everything is back to normal now. And I am dreaming of another trip to Utah. So much fun!
3 comments:
I love sliding rock! I haven't been there for quite a while, but my cousins live in Alpine, so we used to always go there as kids.
I'm tired just reading about your trip! Sounds like you guys had fun though!
Wow you guys were BUSY! It was so fun to see you and I'm glad we could be there for our first LDS baby blessing.
I am fixated on the fact that your AC broke, though. I can't believe you survived such an ordeal! Is it fixed now? Are you driving around town without AC? I am very worried about this turn of events! I don't know what is worse: a roadtrip without AC or a tire tread coming off!
Post a Comment