Last week my good college friend, Abbey, came by for a visit! We hadn't seen each other in years and had a lot of catching up to do. I met Abbey my freshman year. We were on the same floor in good ol' Hinckley Halls. We hung out a bunch that year. One of my favorite memories happened at the end of our freshman year. Abbey had dining plus and I did not. She had built up a high balance and it was all going to be erased at the end of the year. Even though I had already surpassed the 'Freshman 15', I found it necessary to "help" Abbey out by borrowing her dining plus card every night, buying a Hot Pocket and ice cream treat from the vending machine, and eating them in her room while we chatted. It was such a fun time.
The following year Abbey and were roommates in 'The Avenues' apartments. I've mentioned it before, but my freshman/sophomore years were the best times of my life. Abbey was a big part of that, and I am so thankful for her friendship! She was a bridesmaid at my wedding. Her and her husband were here for an internship, so she came by for a visit. She met my kids and we caught up on everything. I hope to plan another visit in the next week. Thank you for coming out here, Abbey! It was so fun to see you!Last week there was another sweet reunion - Davis Auto was reunited with our minivan.....twice. Our car was in the shop two separate times last week! Nightmare. Tuesday it was in to fix our A/C. On Wednesday I went to pick Luke up from school when it started making a huge loud screeching noise and smoking from the hood. We've broken down a bunch, but I have never had smoke come from my car. So embarrassing. It was back in the shop Thursday. We sink so much money into this car that we wonder if it is practical to keep it. But then we look at the prices of new minivans and know that we must make due with our cute little lemon.
Last week Kobe also did his presentation for his 'Star Student' week. It was so cute. He read from a notebook journal everything he did with the Star Student coyote, Silver Spirit. Then he presented his poster to his class. He was so cute and eloquent! He is a great public speaker. The kids asked questions afterwards and they were mostly intrigued with the animals he saw in Thailand. He told about the snake, getting bit by a monkey, the cute, dressed monkeys in the monkey show, riding on elephants, and standing next to a Siberian Tiger. (Did I ever mention that my parents took some other friends back to that same Siberian Tiger exhibit but the tiger wasn't there anymore? My parents asked where he was and they said they no longer had that Siberian Tiger because he killed a small child. When I heard that I was absolutely sick to my stomach. What were we thinking? I almost sacrificed my children for that photo-op. I'm sure our guardian angels were totally rolling their eyes at us that day. Pathetic. :))That was our busy last week!
5 comments:
Yay for old friends! I have to say, as cute as you both look in your wedding picture, I think you guys look even better now! I think having seen everyone at my reunion this weekend I have an appreciation for maturity and how everyone looks better as adults than as teens.
I hear you on the car expenses. Even though now our car should be in tip-top shape given all the money we've poured into it this summer, I am still paranoid something else is going to go wrong.
And how cool that Kobe got to talk about his Thailand trip as a star student!
Holy Scary Tiger story, batman!
That freaked me out, Mindy. I am glad that..you are...all in one...piece. Phew...gulp...sigh.
You look so pretty in your wedding picture! I don't think I have seen any of them before.
Kobe is so cute at school. I have seen him on some of my observations. He totally doesn't recognize that it's me. I remember being that age in school--thinking every grown-up that is there is like a fixture of the school, and they don't actually exist in real life, like they live there or somehthing. Maybe that's why I get the blank stare when I've said hi to him a few times when I'm there! It's so cute! :)
Anyway, glad he had fun being the star student!
I love reading your blog you make me laugh! I can't beleive how big your kids are getting...and LOVE your hair cut it looks so cute on you!!
I love catching up with your family and hearing about all your fun moments! Cute blog!
Minders!
You are hilarious! I love your sense of humor! I also feel so honored to be on your blog. Thank you! I had a really great time at your home. It's beautiful, your kids are amazing, and your food was delish'! Thank You!
Love ya,
Abbs
Yay for Kobes! He's a star student in my book EVERY week. :)
That is so scary about the tiger. I hope that story isn't true, and that the people running the tiger exhibit just have a really sick sense of humor.
Post a Comment