Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love 3

Things I Love
 
Mindy

I love Mindy Kaling.
 
mindy-kaling-new-book-11

I read her book, and I loved it.

the mindy project

I watch her show, and I love it.

I think she is a comic genius.  I think she is a funny person.  And I think we could/should be friends.

The other thing I love about the whole thing is that her name is Mindy.  My name is not a unique or unusual name, but it is not super common.  The only famous person that I knew of growing up with my name was Mindy Cohn.  What, you don’t know who Mindy Cohn is?

mindy cohn

It’s Natalie from The Facts of Life!

Paige Oprah

And then I remember watching an Oprah episode years ago where Paige Davis, from Trading Spaces, was her guest.  Paige was talking about how her real name is Mindy, but the producers didn’t like it so they had her drop it and go by her middle name, Paige.  And then Oprah said that when she was just starting off in TV, her producers didn’t like her name and they wanted her to change it to Mindy.  And she was like, no way!

So that episode made me feel good about my name.

FINALLY someone has come along with my name and is super cool and funny and confident and famous.  Someone I can relate to on every plane.

I love hearing my name being spoken so much every week when I watch her show.  I can go days without hearing my own name.  Jakob just doesn’t say it that often for some reason and the people at the school call me “Luke’s/Jude’s/Tate’s Mom” or Mrs. York.  So I love that I can hear my name being projected through the TV every week now.

Because, just like Lars said, “It's scientifically proven that everyone's favorite word is their own name so if you just say their name a lot you can see it's gonna make them happy.”

Lars

Melatonin

I love Melatonin.

I have always had a hard time falling asleep.  It’s because my mind starts to go crazy the minute my body becomes still in bed.  But what really worried us is how hard it was for Jude to fall asleep every night.  It would seriously take him hours to fall asleep every night.  All of his brothers would be fast asleep and we’d go and check on Jude and he would just be laying in bed with his eyes wide open staring at the ceiling.  So sad!  We felt so bad for the little guy.  Complete insomnia.

So my SIL, Katie, told us about the supplement Melatonin, which is used to help regulate sleep patterns.  We started giving him a small dose at night and it helped him fall asleep within 20 minutes.  Miracle!  I started taking it to see if it would help me fall asleep, and it completely does.  It doesn’t make me tired or knocked out.  But when I do close my eyes, my thoughts gradually slow until I’m sleeping instead of going on for hours.  I don’t wake up groggy or anything either.  I love it.

4 - Copy

I love that Tate signs all of his preschool papers “tAtER tot”.

Tate loves to draw and write random letters on paper.  One day at home he asked me how to spell Tater Tot.  I told him and he remembered (because he is a genius).  After that, all the papers that were coming home from preschool were signed “tAtER tot”. 

1 - Copy3 - Copy2 - Copy

So cute!  I can’t even stand it.  I wish I could eat him for dinner.  He is so tasty.

Tate

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm loving your Love posts! That's so cute about Tate! And very interesting about the melatonin. I've always had troubles with sleep, so I may have to try that!

D-dawg said...

Mindy I was totally going to add Mindy Kaling to my loves list- she is hilarious. I loved her book and I love her show= and I also think I could be great friends with her. So fun that she has your name!!! Tate looks so cute on the floor in that position with his little smile.

Stina said...

I love Mindy (both of you) and Tatertot.

Becky said...

You should get me a copy of that book with all the bad words sharpied out. :) It would be a labor of love.