
One of my goals for the new year is to play more games as a family. I love playing games with my grown up family and friends. Playing games with little ones requires a lot of patience. But if I ever want them to be lovers of games as adults, I must instill a love of games now.


It wasn't too hard to have a blast playing Scrabble. Mostly because of Luke's potty humor.


He put the word 'BUM' together and could not keep it together. We were laughing at 'BUM', but laughing more at
Luke laughing at 'BUM'. That kid is a riot.



Of course, Luke started a trend. Kobe waited long and hard to draw his inappropriate word. Finally, the stars aligned, and he was blessed with 'GAS'. Kobe refused to let go of those three letters, and I believe it cost him the game.

Jude's favorite game to play is 'Hullabaloo'. It is so perfect for his age, and I'm glad he has something that we all can play and enjoy.

But he kind of always cheats. He runs to the winning mat after it has already been announced every time. And we all look the other way. Because it's cute little Jude who never wins anything. Except now it's going to his head. Parenting Dilemma #5,832.

I'm including this picture to show that I am there when we play games, too.

Yeah for games!
8 comments:
I think "BUM" is pretty hilarious myself. The picture with Jakob laughing is the awesome. Boys are definitely the best with potty jokes. My brothers (who are adults with families) still make us all laugh with a good pee & poo joke every now and then. I mean come on, pee, poo...funny!
What a great tradition! I am so impressed that your boys can spell out "bum" and "gas" (I don't know why I am, after seeing Kobe ace his spelling test during his homework time). We love games too, and are always looking for good suggestions!
Good effort with the games! My boys ALWAYS want to play games with me, and I am so lame . . . I just "encourage" them to start the game without me, and I promise to jump in when I'm free. It's weird how I never get free . . .
That's MY goal too! My family always played games growing up. I just had no idea it was so much work. Having our 1 little boy sure makes me realize the potty humor that boys have. It's so weird how they think it's so hilarious and they die laughing at themselves. Kaden is into boobie jokes. I think it's totally innapropriate but I can't help but laugh because it shocks me so bad... I am such a non-potty-humor person.
Game time always ends in tears or frustration. My boys have the same potty humor too. Gotta love boys!
The picture of Luke's plaid bum next to the word bum is the best! And I think it's hilarious that Kobe chose the "gas" for his naughty word!
That is so funny, Boys are hilarious! It is hard to have patience playing games with little ones, but you need to find easy games!
that is so fun that your family is at the age where game night is possible. I remember nights like these when we were growing up. I also remember all the "potty talk" and how it was the best when we able to get dad to laugh at it. Mom it was a given, but dad it was a real treat.
Post a Comment