Monday, January 25, 2010

Utah - Sledding

It was pretty cold and snowy while we were in Utah, so we took one bright morning to go sledding.

We found a steep and icy hill. It was a little dangerous getting up it, and a little scary going down. Mostly just fun for the boys, though!

Do you ever have pictures that immediately bring up bad feelings? That's what these two pictures do for me. "Being outdoors" is not my favorite thing in the world. And I like "being cold" even less than that. So when I go with my family sledding, I am saying, "I love you guys! Let's capture on film make some great memories!"

There are plenty of pictures captured that day of Jakob being a great dad. But these are the only two of me being a fun, involved mom. One is blurry beyond recognition. And one is with a very tired and angry little boy. (He had just gotten hurt falling off of his sled and it was our fault for some reason.) Why do I even try?

Even though the morning of sledding ended with tears from everyone but Dad, it was happiness and fun when we were on the hill!

2 comments:

Stina said...

You get an A for Effort for having to brave two of your biggest foes: the outdoors and cold. Even though the pics don't document it, I'm sure your boys will fondly remember you as a cool mom who took them sledding.

Olivia said...

That pic of Kobe is SO awesome. You should blow it up and hang it in the entry way when he starts dating.

I am the same way about sleding. The only way Mike can get me to participate is if he buys me a Starbuck's hot chocolate and I get to spend most of the family time sitting in the car drinking my hot chocolate. And I never even bring my camera because I don't want it to get cold...I'm very protective of it.