Sunday, September 14, 2008

Close One

Today I wore this dress to church. It's not my most flattering, but I love it because I don't have to suck-in or squeeze anything all day. I know that Sundays are pretty crazy for most families with young kids and ours is no exception. Jakob had a meeting today so I had to do all the last minute stuff before church. Ten minutes before we left for church Tate had a speedy lunch. I also love this dress because I can wear it while I'm nursing - just button down the top four or five buttons.

Jakob came home and we mad dashed out to the car. We pulled into the church parking lot. The three older boys all jumped out of the car and ran into the church. Jakob was still finishing his bean burrito in the car, so I jumped out and told him to bring in Tate when he was finished. I started walking down the sidewalk when Jakob yelled out at me from the car. "Mindy! Your dress is undone!"

I had left the top of my dress completely open and was about to flash my unmentionables to whoever was in my path. I had already walked past one man, but I think (hope) he was looking down at the sidewalk.

That was a close one.

7 comments:

D-dawg said...

MINDY!!!!!!!!!!! That is crazy and so funny, but so scary- what if you had really flashed people??? Wow. Jakob saved the day.

Jill said...

Sweet--sounds like something I would totally do, except that Adam wouldn't be around to fix it!

Stina said...

That is so funny. I love dresses like that though. I had a few I would wear this summer that eventually Dave would forbid me to wear outside the house, as they were too much like muu-muus. I need to find some transition dresses.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am glad Jake noticed the dress. My sister-in-law who does not have children went to the "Music and the Spoken Word" broadcast and was told by one of the volunteers that her blouse was unbuttoned. She doesn't wear g's, so all you could see was bra and skin. It's nice that there's nice people out there that help save us from embarassment.

Angela Henderson said...

Mindy you are absolutley hilarious. I love reading your stories. You have such a way with words. You need to start writing stuff. I don't know what but something. You are so funny in everything you do! :):):)

Becky said...

I almost went to church in my slip! I was going to the basement to get the skirt out of the laundry, and I got sidetracked and forgot until Julia said something like, "Mom, you look...pretty. What kind of dress is that?" We would have made quite the pair!

Natalie said...

Oh, man. That was a close one!