Monday, February 04, 2008

I'll Take Another One, Please

Are you freakin' kiddin me???? Look at this picture. Isn't it beautiful? I really love that my boys take a good picture. I can't take any credit or anything. But I'm glad that I ordered another boy when they come out looking like these boys. :)

We took these pictures in December before we left for Thailand and only now am I getting around to posting them. I also still need to post our Christmas card picture and just say "Merry Christmas" to everyone. Next time.

We also took this family picture. Not my favorite. I'll probably still hang it up just because it's the only family picture that we've taken with all three boys. Fortunately, it will expire soon. I can't exactly pinpoint why I don't like this picture.....but I'll try. 1. I think this is a cute hairstyle, it just doesn't make me look that cute.

2. I have a large head and face. I have always known that I do. Large heads and faces were kind of big in the 80's, and I think I resemble the large heads of actresses like Kelly McGillis (Top Gun), Kathleen Turner, and Sharon Stone. It's a proportional head, but it's just like someone right-clicked it and zoomed in a little bit. Just bigger than normal.

3. Jakob has a small face and head. He hasn't always known this. Just since he's been married to me and I've told him....many times. It's still the cutest face and head in the world. And it is so subtle that nobody would ever notice it....unless you get married to a large-headed woman. (I have placed the exact size of his face on Kobe, Luke, and my face in this picture. He's basically the same as the boys, and do you see how much extra space is on my face? I'm a giant.) Some angles of us together are fine. But this picture is an example of an angle that is not. I look like I could gobble up the heads of my husband and three children for lunch.

So now I've identified why I don't love that picture. I label it "Four Jack Spratts and the Big Headed Woman".

9 comments:

Stina said...

Oh my gosh I am dying I am laughing so hard. First of all, those are the best pictures and you have every right to be able to take credit for them! You have trained them well in the art of posing and also donated your genes of course.

Secondly, I was laughing at your picture with Jakob's head over everyone else's even before I read your commentary. I think you look great in the photo, for what it's worth! And I love your outfits, too. I can't wait to see your first family photo with you and your five boys!

D-dawg said...

MINDY!!!!!!!!!! I am so scared of that last picture with Jakob's head everywhere! That is seriously freaky. And you are way too hard on yourself. The family picture is adorable. And big heads are better... I have seriously often wished mine was bigger. Did you get my e-mail about my love for Troy??

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

You make me laugh! For what it is worth...I never noticed you having a big head and Jakob having a small head. I love all of the pictures. It is true, your boys really are handsome and I know #4 is going to be just as adorable. Hey, why not name hime FOUR. It has four letters. I dare you to do it!

Marcie said...

Okay, I know that you probably don't want the "but you look so good" comment, BUT... I scrolled down not even reading what you had to say about it and thought, "Man, that is a way cute picture of Min." No joke, my exact thought. AND with our family thai picture, everyone I show it took says how good you look. EVERYONE has said that. Ya, they don't comment too much on me, but not a single one has passed you. So I think it might be this: You know how you want to look in pictures. You know when you get this look. But I think you might be missing a different look that everyone else is drawn to. Everyone has a favorit picture or "look" that there favorit famous person has, but I am sure that it is probably NOT their favorit. So go ahead and not like it. I'm okay with that, but realize it might not be repesenting you how you want it to, but it still looks dang good. Love you!

Rachel B. said...

Of course you know you're your own worst critic, and I HONESTLY think that is a very very good picture of you...and of all your family. Seriously loved it even before reading what you wrote. You look sassy with your side-swept bangs.

So last night I was upstairs and I hear the big Tom laugh downstairs. He was laughing at your blog and said how funny you are. Your blog is always so entertaining. We both love the Jakob head picture. We're the exact opposite. I have a little head and Tom's is huge. I distinctly remember walking by a window once and seeing my reflection and thinking that I looked just like the shrunken head guy at the end of Beetlejuice.

I like the suggestion of the name "Four." :)

Jakob said...

Rachel, it's funny you mention the small head and Beetlejuice because I have joked with Mindy about my head being that small head on Beetlejuice too!

Becky said...

So funny!! You do NOT have a big head, and you DO look cute with the cute hairstyle!

Natalie said...

Mindy, I love those pictures! Look at your boys and their big brown eyes. So adorable. And you look so pretty. You DO NOT have a big head. But your photoshopping skills are tremendous.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy,
You don't have a big head! But if it makes you feel any better, I tried on a hat belonging to a very tall, muscular, beefy guy I was dating, and it didn't even come close to fitting. My head is huge. :-)