We swam almost every day while we were in Thailand. In Nichada Thani, which is the compound where my parents live, there is a huge Olympic size pool and two kiddie pools. They have a slide and a diving board. It was good to go swimming every day because the boys became so comfortable in the water. They could even swim to the side by themselves after they would slide or jump off the diving board, and that was a huge improvement.
Their favorite was when the uncles were there at the pool with them. The uncles would always play with them and catch them off the diving board. Swimming is usually not my absolute favorite thing in the world, but the perfect weather there made the water feel nice and I was not too cold when I got out of the pool.
Even Jude Davy became comfortable in the water and loved to scare us by trying to jump into the kiddie pool. It was such a fun way to spend a Christmas vacation, but I definitely think it contributed to a very hard adjustment coming back to the cold and snow.
I felt like this vacation I was able to do more with the boys than I ever have on vacation. I don't know if it's because they're getting older or what, but we got to do lots together and it was great!
2 comments:
I felt like this vacation I was able to do more with the boys than I ever have on vacation. I don't know if it's because they're getting older or what, but we got to do lots together and it was great!
Awh, all those pictures of sunshine and swimming make me antsy for Summer. Thanks for posting more on your vacation. What an amazing trip!
Post a Comment