Monday, January 21, 2008

Christmas

Okay, guys. I still have like five more Thailand posts I want to get done. I know it's getting a little much, but these are all going in a blurb book for family history, so I must proceed.

Since we went to Thailand to celebrate Christmas, I think it's about time that I posted about it. We had a wonderful Christmas. There wasn't too much in Thailand that made it feel like Christmas while we were there. Warm, tropical weather. No decorations except in a few malls. But on Christmas day in my mom's house, it felt just like Christmas.

The boys had a very happy Christmas. A big theme this year from Santa was Legos. They were very excited to get many Star Wars sets and one Harry Potter set. And their awesome uncles gave them six drawer fulls of their old Legos. Another positive about having all these boys is inheriting their uncle's cool toys. Thanks, uncles!

A lot of the day was spent building their sets, and a lot of the rest of the trip was spent finding Lego pieces everywhere.

For some reason Jude wasn't really into opening any presents. We got him to open his first present, a cute little glow worm, and he was content with that for a long time. Jude just loved being around everyone. That was his best Christmas present.

I got my favorite gift always, See's Candies 'Caramels' (caramel and almonds covered in milk chocolate). But I secretly had been sneaking them and snacking on them all trip. But there was still plenty for Christmas day. I really wish I had some See's Candy right now. It sounds so good. My big surprise gift from Jakers was Celine Dion concert tickets that had to be bought a whole year in advance. JAKERS!!!!! What a guy. I am so excited. Now I have something to look forward to all year. (That and 'Twilight' the movie. Eeeeeee!)

Not too many pics of Jake this Christmas, but he got a really awesome black pea coat and an i-pod. And his main gift was getting a suit custom made while we were in Thailand. The coolest suit ever and I will post about it later.

Here's all the loot.


Christmas Eve was a very full day and my boys crashed before we even had a chance to do a nativity or anything. So we did it all Christmas night. Kobe was a shepherd (who prefers bold colors :)).

Luke was a wiseman.

Jude was a shepherd, too.

Will and T were wisemen, Robbie was a shepherd I think, Kenny was an angel, and Jamis was an innkeeper.

The girls of the family were kind of being stinkers and not wanting to participate (another great reason I'm not having girls :)) so Nanny and Papa stepped up to the plate and played Mary and Joseph. Such good sports.

A wonderful, traditional Christmas in Thailand!

12 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Where did you get such cute Nativity costumes? And how did you get all of your Christmas gifts back home? My boys are still totally into legos, but now the problem is that they want to build all of the their sets and all of the pieces are mixed up. It is very frustrating. Jackson keeps asking me to help him build something and I so don't want too. It took me a few hours to build it the first time (when I had all of the pieces together).
Anyway, I have been thinking of some 4 letter boy names for you:
Finn, Evan, Will, Drew, Jack, Kyle, Cory, Kreg, Cole, Matt, Andy, Mike, Lehi(jk), Josh, and John.

Marcie said...

Jude is so cute. Oh, and we found some legos in with some of our stuff. I will send them your way. And I must say, after about 5 years of having to be Mary I wanted a break. That also brings up another question. Who is going to be Mary for your family...? Do I dare say you might have to step back into that role?

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Okay, so I thought of a few more names:
Noah, Mark, and Joel

Jakob said...

Thanks for the presents babe! I love the coat! And thanks for IPOD #3 Bill and Jamie! Mindy, just don't mention where my first 2 IPODS are...

Stina said...

A random smattering of comments:

-- Kobe looks soo grown up and handsome in the 2nd pic! I almost thought it was one of your brothers (circa 1990's).
-- When is the Celine Dion concert (and where)? That is a wonderful present from Jakob!
-- I am stressed looking at all the wonderful loot you got and wondering how you got it home - did you ship it back?

Natalie said...

So jealous about the tickets to Celine Dion! You will have such a great time - when is the concert? And the Sees candy? What could be better? Great post, Mindy. Loved seeing pics of your family on Christmas!

btw, can't wait for Twilight movie either :)

*Tanyetta* said...

you have a beautiful family.

i've always wanted to get picked up by an elephant. that looked cool :)

Cassie Simonton said...

Wow, that was alot of pics...but supper cute! You guys look like you all had such a good time! But I'm sure your glad the flying with 3 young children while pregnant part is over! Such a cute family, love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Legos were the main theme at our Christmas too! Gotta love all those loose, little choking hazards, but we've kept Teisty alive so far!

KickButtMommy said...

I'm Natalie's friend Heather and like to lurk on your blog! Just want to say congrats on the 4 boys! My sister has 4 boys and is a great mom. Also, your trip to Thailand looks so amazing and you got some wonderful pictures!

Mindy said...

Thanks for commenting, kickbuttmommy! I tried to make my way to your blog, but, as I'm sure you know, it's private. Blogging is so fun. Feel free to lurk any time.

The Selleneits said...

I love it looks like a lot of fun. you have been very busy. And congratulations on the new baby you lucky girl.