I say that like it's a conscious choice, but my weight is really just spiraling out of control and I feel it is out of my hands at this point. I gained 10 lbs in 4 weeks and I was nervous about what my doctor would say. But they were very nice about it. I am due June 6 - 6/6/08. Did I manipulate my calculations to make sure I had an all even due date? I'll never tell.
My hormone levels are also out of control and I've gotten very depressed these last couple of months. I'm beginning to come out of it now, but it has been quite a ride. Have you ever received that forwarded email about a father who comes home to an out of control house and his wife is in bed reading and says, "Whenever you ask what I do all day, well now you know."? Well, Jakers has never asked, "What do you do all day?", but it's kind of the same story at this house. Except I've taken like two months off.
There is literally not a single foot of clear walking space upstairs. Jakob tries to do as much as he can after work, but with him traveling there was just no way he could keep up. But now that I'm coming out of it I hope to begin chipping away at the house and laundry slowly. But, other than those things, everything has been fine. Here's a picture of the little peanut at 10 weeks:
Doesn't it look like a girl????? :) Sometimes I think it may be a girl because all of my symptoms have been more extreme this time. But I've had three dreams already where I birthed my fourth boy, so I'm not making any predictions. We'll find out at the end of January. My thoughts on whether its a boy or a girl can be summed up in this very lengthy, very confusing analogy. Just to help you out, pepperonis = boys and pineapples = girls:I love pepperoni pizza. It is my favorite. So I'm glad that I already have a pepperoni pizza, with extra pepperoni. But it is feeling a little heavy on the pepperoni. I wouldn't mind some pineapple, which I also love, to even out the taste. But I don't HAVE to have pineapple. I just don't know if I can handle anymore pepperoni. It's like, "Would you like some dough with your pepperoni?" I just fear it will be a little too much pepperoni for me to handle. But even if I never get a taste of pineapple, I know I will survive. Somehow I will soldier through all of this pepperoni. I hear that in the teen years pepperoni will sit very nicely in my stomach, but that pineapple may give you extreme heartburn.
That analogy didn't get the greatest reviews with Jake, but I still felt the need to document it for my sake. We're excited, regardless of gender, for another little Yorkie! We told the boys about the baby yesterday. Jude won't get it until the baby is probably a year old. Luke seems happy, but Kobe was really excited. He says he's voting for a boy which makes me happy. At least someone is. Kobe keeps asking to see the baby in my tummy and fortunately I already have a really big one to show him. :) Every day he says, "It's getting bigger and bigger!"
6 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you made your announcement so I don't have to keep a secret anymore. I am SO EXCITED about this and I totally do think your ultrasound looks like a girl. :) I also am in love with your due date (6/6 is exactly half of 12/12) and understand completely about your calculations manipulation (not that you did that...). I'm glad you're feeling better, too. Congratulations to the whole York family! I can't wait to see the baby!!!!
Yippy! That is sooooo exciting! I totally think it looks like a little pineapple baby! :) I love the picture at the top to tell us your pregnant. Do you really have a box that just says "Mindy's big girl clothes?" I'm impressed you held out telling for this long. I can't contain myself when I find out I'm pregnant, even with a past misscariage. Good luck and I am truly so excited for you!
Congratulations! I am very happy for you and Jakob. I was just thinking today how I am overwhelmed with my pepperoni and how I would like some pineapple too. I was also thinking that I just might be content with the pepperoni that I already have, and don't need any more of anything. Does that make sense?? My boys are crazy, and the thought of adding one more to the bunch just might bring me to full insanity. Of course we will try for #4, and then we are DONE! I really hope you have a girl...break the cycle...give me hope. We will probably start trying in the Spring, so don't expect an announcement until the Fall. I think I am only fertile between Sept-Jan. Hang in there my friend!
Congratulations Mindy. The ultra sound picture is so adorable. I really really hope you get your pineapple!
YAY Mindy! How great. I just found out last night and had to get the whole scoop! I absolutely love analogies so the pepperoni and pineapple sat well with me. And the top bin picture is awesome, can we talk about that sometime?!! Again, congrats my virtual friend living 7 doors away!!
Mindy! What wonderful news - I am so happy for you! Loved your pepperoni/pineapple analogy. Your posts are my favorite. Those dizzy spells sound scary, I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out. Yay! I'm so excited for you! And when people tell you that four really isn't that hard, DON'T believe a word they say. As a true friend, I will help you keep your expectations realistic. That being said, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and stories as you ebmark on the journey that is four kids :)
Post a Comment