Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Forgotten Post

This post is to document the 'Fathers & Sons' campout that Jakob, Kobe and Luke went on about three weeks ago. This was supposed to be one of the highlights of the month, but it definitely got pushed under the rug with all our other unexpected events. The boys had a blast with their dad. They really love camping! And smores is their favorite part.

Jakob said he was talking with some of the other dads there, and he said, "It's pretty cool that this campout coincides with Mother's Day every year. So the mom's get a break." Everyone looked at him kind of confused. "What do you mean?" one asked. "Well, the mom's get a night away from the kids every Mother's Day weekend," Jakob replied. Someone said, "Not my wife. I left her with half of our kids." Oh, yeah! Jakob had forgotten that other people in the world have GIRLS!!!! So funny.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

That's a great story - Jakob forgot that other people have girls!! Maybe they should consider changing it to a "Father/child" campout so that it's a break for moms with girls and boys :)

Stina said...

Cute pictures! Just imagine when Jude is old enough to go along and you will be left all by yourself! That's another reason to hope for a 4th boy - the father/son campout weekends! J/K. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! I forgot that other people have girls too! When you said that one guy was like, "not me, I left half my kids at home" the first thing I thought, was - what a lazy jerk! Who is that guy! ha ha! I had my guesses, but I won't share them here ;)

Jamis said...

That is funny about the girls! your boys are growing up so fast and they are so handsome! What a fun outing to go on with their dad.

D-dawg said...

The father/son campout is one of my favorite ward activities ! I do wish they'd do a father/daughter one too. That is SO funny that Jakob forgot about girls. It looks like they had a blast! How is his jaw doing?