Monday, February 19, 2007

The Party

Saturday we held Jude's Birthday Party and it was a lot of fun. I know it may be hard to believe, but this is Jude's 'fun' face. As well as his sad, happy, mad, excited, and tired face. Completely composed. He did keep his party hat on the whole time which was so cute. We invited two families over for pizza and cake. Jude is way more grown-up than my other boys were at a year. There was chaos and balloons and screaming and Jude was crawling around the middle of it, hungry for action.


He snarfed down the pizza and dug into the cake before we could even get the candle on it. You'd guess it wasn't his first time eating those things! :) I think at Kobe's party it really was his first time having cake and ice cream because I really stuck to the eating guidelines of the first year. Jude has already had cake numerous times, but enjoyed this cake most of all because it was for his birthday.

Jude was totally grabbing at the cake and making a mess and everyone was loving it. So Luke (who was standing nearby as Jude's helper) analyzed the situation and figured that, for some reason, this cake's a free-for-all and took his handful. Jude got a lot of fun gifts, including a toy cell phone, toy keys, a toothbrush, and an animal train from his Uncle Erik. He also enjoyed the tasty wrapping paper that they came in. A great party for a great year!
A few updates: I took my own advice and am now watching a 7-month old baby boy three days a week....for money! Today was my first day and I am exhausted! I don't think any amount of money is worth day-caring kids, but you do what you have to do. I also received an additional calling this last week......STAKE CHOIR DIRECTOR!!!! I was having major health issues associated with the amount of stress and nerves that came with this call, but we just received word that Elder Oaks of the Seventy, who is presiding at Stake Conference in three weeks, requested no Stake Choir for the meeting. So I am at peace for another six months. Phew!

3 comments:

Stina said...

Jude is sooo mellow and composed! It looks like you had a fun time for his birthday. I especially like the look on his face when he's looking at the toy cell phone in the last photo.

D-dawg said...

so cute Mindy. 1 year old birthdays are so sweet. I know what you mean about 3rd kids being way more into it and oinking on cake. so funny. I'm glad you guys had a good time. time flies huh! are you going to start trying for #4 soon???? ha ha, I am totally just teasing you. that was a joke. (o:

Natalie said...

I love first birthday parties. And I get such a kick out of Jude's composure. I enjoyed the pictures, thanks for posting! And you'll do awesome as the stake choir director!!! Is that in addition to ward choir director?