Monday, February 12, 2007

The Office

I know that everyone is posting about 'The Office', but no one is posting what I think. Does anyone else out there think that Jim and Pam should NOT get together? Here's my two reasons, one of them mean and one of them.....they're both a little mean.

1. Pam is not cute. She isn't. I think that she COULD be, but she's not. She could definitely use a little trim and a round brush to the hair. She needs to say good-bye to the barrettes and add a little volume to the top (of her hair, of course!). She could also use a little more make-up than the lip gloss she wears now. Some may point out that, for quite some time now, I only wear make-up on Sundays. But when I was single and looking...not a day went by without make-up. Not a day. Now I thought that the hair and make-up people knew this, and that they were saving her big 'Extreme Makeover' for a big event. But a Diwali festival and wedding have passed with no real change.

Now some may argue that Jim's no model. But he is nice, charismatic, tall, funny, slender, and plays basketball. In TV land, this translates into prime meat and deserving of someone cute. Someone like....Karen. Isn't she great? Does she deserve to be dragged along into this sick game? Mark my words. In a future episode they will bring out something horrible in Karen so that we all have to hate her.

2. Pam had her chance and she blew it. Jim should get the idea that she's just not that into him and move on. She wants to be able to flirt and prank with Jim while not having to commit, but you can't have it all, honey! And again, I think Karen's a cute and nice girl for Jim. And is anyone else thinking that Roy is trying so hard now? He's trying. And you know that we've all had to give our man a second chance. Mmm-hmmm.

I don't know why I feel so strongly. Maybe because it's late. Definitely past my nice and reasonable thought time. And maybe it's because Jim almost said he would date Pam if she was into him while he was on a date with Karen at a wedding! Maybe I've been the 'Karen' in a social situation and still feel bitter about it. Who knows. But, anyway, wasn't it hilarious when Ryan totally jumped and knocked the bouquet away from Kelly at the toss? Hilarious! I'm still laughing about it.

Hey! I just totally had a revelation! I was the Karen in a situation! I only dated one other person before Jakob. And while I was dating that person, his old girlfriend wanted to meet with him to talk things over and they did! Right outside Helaman Halls late at night. And one time he brought me flowers...but he also brought her flowers, too! "Because she's my friend," he said! Darn you Rachel and Logan!!!!!!!!!!
(P.S. See? She can be cute! Beautiful even!)

3 comments:

Stina said...

It's fun to read your interpretation, because I definitely am in the camp of wanting Pam and Jim to get together. I agree she's no model, but I think she and Jim have such great chemistry. (Did you know the actor who plays Jim was in Dave's class at Brown?) I agree, I think they will have to come up with something awful for Karen b/c otherwise she hasn't been nasty enough for us to really hate her.

D-dawg said...

Mindy, I liked hearing your side of it. And you definitely have some very valid points. I totally agree with you on Pam's looks. She also sort of has yellow teeth. And why, in her picture on the red carpet, did she put her hair half up? If I were her I would try to go a totally different style than my t.v character. Anyway, Jim deserves someone who will commit to him. He poured his heart out to Pam once or twice. Now that she likes him again she needs to pour her heart out to him. I am annoyed that she went home with Roy. He bugs me a lot. I do like Karen though. I wonder what will happen. They will probably just keep dragging the whole thing out for seasons upon seasons. uughgug. One thing I know for sure... Jim is cute. Great POST!!! (o:

Natalie said...

Oh, Mindy, I love your posts! You just make my day. I have to say that I tend to agree with you about the Jim/Pam thing. Sure, they may hook up some day, but does Pam even deserve him? I totally knew tons of girls like her in highschool. They weren't that cute, but they knew how to flirt and seemed to get all the guys. It gets pretty old for those of us watching from the sidelines.