Saturday, July 24, 2010

NieNie

I'm sure most of you know about the blog "NieNie Dialogues". It's written by Stephanie Nielson. Denae told me of it years ago, so I have been reading it since before Stephanie was in a plane crash that nearly took the life of her and her husband. She is now world famous as she blogs about her recovery and life after the plane crash. She is so inspiring and makes me want to be a better mom and person. And, she was on Oprah.

So, anyway, I want to be her friend. Does everyone else read or watch amazing or famous people and want to be their friend, or is it just me? Or is it just me and teenagers? Or me and stalkers? I don't know, but when I'm lying in bed, trying to go to sleep, I imagine a big dinner party that I'm throwing with Stepanie Nielson and her husband, Stephenie Meyer and her husband, Brad and Angelina, and Jerry Seinfeld and his wife. The evening would be money.

Well, I am so excited because the degrees of seperation between Stephanie Nielson and myself just went from a million to two.

Mindy----->Suzanne----->NieNie

Suzanne is my sister-in-law who is a designer at the most highly sought after design firm in Utah, Alice Lane. Suzanne is so extremely talented and amazing at what she does. I have known Suzanne since she was 16. We even shared a room for awhile before Jakob and I were married. She is one of my favorite people. I can't believe that I'm related to her! And she is, as we speak, working on transforming NieNie's basement!

I am very excited about this, obviously. But that's where it will stop. So close, yet so far away. Unless I jump on a plane and follow Suzanne around for a week like a secret agent until I make it to NieNie's basement and hide in a corner and jump out and yell "Surprise!" when the Nielsons return from San Diego and give Stephanie a big hug. I'll be sure to take pictures.

6 comments:

Olivia said...

do it! Get on the plane! You won't regret it, and think of what a great blog post it will make!

Rachel B. said...

You are hilarious. I love the image of you yelling "surprise" when they come home. I will agree though, now is your chance!!!

Stina said...

That is so cool!

Kelli said...

you are so funny! I am all about meeting as many famous people as I can in this life. sometimes I even think about meeting famous people in heaven. ya. I do. Me and Julia Roberts are good friends too.

D-dawg said...

Mindy that is SO amazing. I have to admit I'm a little jealous- I would love to meet Nie (we're tight so I can call her just Nie (o;

I bet your sis in law could set something up for you. Or at least can she give you ALL of the details and then you can fill us in??

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, did you see how NieNie mentioned you in her blog?? Check it out!!! love, Mom