Thursday, July 01, 2010

Eclipse

I spent the better half of yesterday working on my new Eclipse poster. I felt like Napoleon Dynamite trying to get the shading right on my Edward.

I went to see Eclipse last night and I loved it. Thoughts:

I didn't feel that Edward was so depressed this time. I loved that he smiled more and seemed generally happier. I'm an Edward fan again.

But I am still loving Jacob, too. Wouldn't he be such a perfect daddy for Bella's babies?

Bella looked very pretty in Eclipse.

So did Rosalie.

I don't mind if the supposedly "set in stone" vampires physically change from movie to movie, as long as it is for the better. When they look worse, I'm disappointed. I'm talking to you, Emmett and Esme.

If you were wondering how you could transform this boy:

into the most unattractive man alive, I have the answer. You give him this man's voice:

and have him take acting lessons from this man:

Madonna lived in England less than a year when she started sporting an English accent. It's been more than one hundred years for Jasper, yet he refuses to lighten up on his confederate, southern jibberish. I've had enough.

My favorite scene was the tent scene. It was my favorite part of the book, too. Loved it.

For some reason I get uncomfortable during kissing scenes in movies lately. Especially when I am not alone. Especially when there is no background music. Thus, I was very uncomfortable for much of the film. I think I'm just growing more righteous than everyone else.

But when Jacob kissed Bella in the end I was happy.

I am not proud of my critical nature regarding celebrities' teeth. But since Eclipse is 90% extreme close-ups, I must mention my complete annoyance at Bella's buckies. Do you know how easy it would be to 1. Shave those front suckers down to match the back ones or 2. Veneer them all to perfection? K-Stew can afford it, and I know if Bella showed up with perfect teeth we would all just assume Edward spotted the bill for some dental work.

I'm just hyper sensitive because I chipped my front tooth and had to have it filled and now it is shorter than it's neighbor. Don't pretend you didn't notice.

I loved Eclipse! Yeah!

5 comments:

Stina said...

I'm so glad to hear good reviews from you and Denae bc it makes me so excited to see it. I have to organize a girls night soon to go see it. Wish you were here so we could go together!

Jandi said...

I love your photoshopping abilities. I concur with your reviews. I did LOVE this one...

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am always so impressed with your photoshop skills! Cory can shave your tooth down for you...

Katie said...

we just got back from it and really, really liked it! it was a pretty funny script too. We were laughing throughout most of it...and the acting was MUCH better this time! Wish they would redo the first 2...

Liz Cheney said...

I loved it! I wrote my review on my blog a couple of days ago. But I thought Rosalie's make up looked overdone, but on everything else I totally agreed with you. I totally feel for you on the tooth thing! On my bucks, one is capped and the other one isn't so their totally not the same size width wise. And then I chipped it (the normal one) on Austin''s head so now its not the same length at all! So now I'm going to have to put a cap on that one too, but I have to wait until my braces come off. (Wow! That was a really long comment!)