Our last day in Oahu, we headed north to go and visit our good friends, the Pollocks. Jakob and Dane grew up in the same stake, and it was in Dane's Liberty Square apartment that Jakob and I first met. Dane and Kerilyn were dating at the same time as Jakob and I, and we got married two weeks apart!We were so excited to see them again after so many years. And, after Dane's first comment to us - a comment that I don't necessarily want to document for everyone to know, but I also don't want to forget it, so I'll just remind myself by saying it had something to do with being married for 10 years - we learned that Dane hasn't changed a bit! And Kerilyn is more beautiful than ever, even being 8 months pregnant!
We hung out at their beautiful, gorgeous, 'design magazine' worthy home for a bit, then Dane took us to visit some sights of the North Shore. First up: LOST sights!
The Pollocks live minutes from where the show "LOST" is filmed, so he showed us all the good spots. They weren't filming while we were there, so there wasn't too much to see. But here is the beach where the plane first crashed:

And here is the beach where they all live:

It's hard to tell without any set, but you can see the trees that match with the real set picture below: 
And here is where 'The Others' live:

If you can't tell, we were very excited. We're huge fans. Dane says they see the cast members all the time out and about. We didn't get lucky with any spottings that day, though.
Then Dane took us to get the best snowcones BY FAR that we had while in Hawaii at Matsumoto's. They were divine.
Then we hung out for a bit at one of the North Shore beaches watching surfers. Dane was going to take us out and give us a lesson, but the waves were too big that day.It was so fun to visit with our friends, and next time we hope to spend more time with them.
We also tried to visit Pearl Harbor, but we were too late and they were closed for the day. Jakob and I definitely feel a love for the great U.S. of A., but we were less than enthused to visit Pearl Harbor. It sounds horrible, but we just didn't have a lot of time in Oahu.
But when we told people we weren't going to go to Pearl Harbor, they kind of freaked out, reported us to Homeland Security, and set our house on fire. So we went. And we were bummed that they were closed. But we wandered around the museum for a bit and took what pictures we could.
Oahu, out!
5 comments:
Okay, I could never live where your friends do. I'd be arrested for stalking Desmond from LOST. THAT IS SO COOL that you got to see the set and where 'the others' live! Wow!!!
I think I know who reported you to homeland security and set your house on fire. But I can't tell you or they'll do the same to me. :(
You look gorgeous in those pictures, by the way!
oh how awesome to see where LOST is filmed, totally jealous!
That is awesome that you got to visit your old friends - and that they live so close to the Lost set! I could totally tell it looked like the beach from the show! And you do look awesome, so skinny!
WOW!! How fun! I LOVED looking through all of your hawaii pictures! How amazing of a trip that must have been! You guys look so great! We still have to get together one of these days soon!
FUN! The beach, snow cones, Lost sights, and Pearl Harbor (kind of). You look great by the way! I am jealous of your romantic Hawaiian get a way. Sorry to hear about Homeland Security...I promise it wasn't me. You crack me up!
Post a Comment