Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Grub

One of my favorite things about our trip was that we got to eat out so many times. That, in itself, felt like such a heavenly vacation. Not only did I not have to cook, but I got to eat delicious food at RESTAURANTS!!!!!!! I love eating at restaurants. What a treat.

We bought some cereal and milk for breakfast in the morning. And for lunch, we indulged ourselves with mostly chocolate covered macadamia nuts and dried mangoes that we picked up at Costco. And then we were really hungry for dinner. AT A RESTAURANT!!!!!

Some of our favorites were:

Cheeseburger In Paradise. We got all of our restaurant recommendations from our 'Maui Revealed' book, and they were totally right on with all of their critiques. This place isn't known as much for it's food as for the fun atmosphere. And it was super fun. And any food that I don't make is super delicious, anyway.

Hula Grill. This restaurant was right on the beach, so the ground was sand! Such a fun atmosphere. They only served fish. And I don't really eat fish too much. But I had the fish sandwich and it was super yum. We also got to be eating during sunset. Gorgeous.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. We got the best seat in the house here. In the corner overlooking the water. At sunset again!

We got the shrimp platter and it was so tasty. They have a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. where we live, but we had never been. We will definitely have to make a trip there now.

Kobe Japanese Steak House. This was a kind of hibachi type restaurant where they cook in front of you. Tepanyaki Steakhouse or Benihana's tastes better, but it was still super fun and yummy. I love those places!

And we knew we HAD to eat there because of the name. Kobe was super thrilled with all of our pictures.

And can you believe they had a BJ's on little Maui?!?!? We ate there twice. Pizookie and Hawaii. I should've died right there. It was too good to be true.

And after days searching and MANY attempts, we FINALLY found the best shaved ice on the island. The best. We went there a few times to take it in. It was just this little shaved ice shop hidden at the end of Front Street. 'Local Boys West'. It sounds like a gang name, doesn't it? And I'm pretty sure it is owned by a gang. A gang of shave ice enthusiasts! But they also look like a regular gang, too.

They use the same ice machine that Masumoto's on Oahu uses. It costs thousands of dollars. But it really was the best. If you are there, find it. There were a bunch of other tourists who were repeat customers and totally agreed that this was the best shaved ice on Maui.

So that was the food! One of the best parts. I've never eaten out that many times in a row. It was heavenly!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Our favorite was Mama's Fish house. Spectacular view and food. You'll have tot ry it next time.