After Christmas, we made the long drive to Utah to hang out with family. We were only going to stay a week, but Jakob was going to have to travel the week we returned, so I just stayed there with the boys a second week so I wouldn't have to be alone. Again.
SIDENOTE: I wrote out a really entertaining post about Jakob traveling so much lately. (And by entertaining, I mean a full out tantrum documented for all posterity to read.) But, last Saturday our Stake had the most amazing Enrichment where one of the speakers encouraged us to choose to be happy. So the tantrum hit the cutting room floor. Believe me, we're all better off without that post. :)
The reason I have been hung up about posting about our Utah trip is that I took hardly any pictures! Not only do I like pictures, but, without them, I completely forget everything we did. My memory is that weak already. Why didn't I take any pictures? Because four kids has depleted me of every ounce of energy and rational thought. Plus, whenever I hold Tate (often), he paralyzes me from doing anything else.
So, Utah was a blast. I love to see and spend time with all of our family. Here's some of the things I can remember doing:
The boys built a snow fort with Uncle Willie, they also built a real fort in the house with Uncle Will, Jakob and my dad and brothers built the biggest snowman ever (They are snowman purists, so there was no packing. Levies and pulleys, but no packing.), getting a pedicure with my mom - my Christmas gift from Will, going to Market Square, visiting my friend Christina and darling baby, Theo, attending a missionary farewell, playing with cousins, HSM3 with Grandma Judy, Grandpa Dave, and cousins, priming (paint) a bathroom that I had destroyed with brown paint years ago, lots of laughter, fun, and games, and waking up with Tate in the night every hour.
Phew! It was a fun trip. Here are a few of the pictures I did take while we were in Utah:
Cousins playing together.
Jon and Jude became quick best buds. It was impossible to get a picture of them standing still.
Me, Tate, Christina, and Theo. Mommys together at last.
I love Theadorable.
The new BFF's finally meet each other. Tate was obsessed with Theo's hair. We had to hold down his arms most of the time.
7 comments:
That's so great that you got to spend some fun time with your family. Looks like the boys had a great time with their cousins too! Welcome back home! (And I too loved the talks given at stake enrichment. Really eye-opening for me as well).
Oh the memories! I love the pictures you got of Tate and Theo.
aaaahhhh reuniting with old friends. I wish we could do that more often. Too bad I don't live in Utah! Cute one of the two boys.
Also, are you sure you don't want to post the travelling tantrum post??? I know it would be a good one.
Ahhh. . . I love baby friends! Won't it be cute when they are grown up, and you can show them pictures of their first meeting?
Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love Jude and Tate and their BFF's. Too cute. Wish we could have been there with you. Hopefully this summer it will all work out.
Traveling with kids during the holidays can be so exhausting. But it looks like you had a great time with family!
Post a Comment