Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Prop 8

While a vote on Proposition 8 isn't happening in my neck of the woods, I have been reading about it on many blogs and, because it addresses moral issues that I feel very strongly about, I have become passionate about it as well. And someday I may have to face a similar vote in my area, so I need to be thinking about it now.

If I were in California, I would vote 'yes' on Prop 8 because I believe that the definition of marriage should be be between one man and one woman. I'm not very eloquent or great at explaining my beliefs, and I avoid confrontation at all costs. But today I found the best article - a dialogue between friends - that explains my beliefs far better than I ever could. (Thanks, Tristen!) You can read it here.

I am not opening this post for comments because the last thing I want is someone to hurt my feelings on my blog. But I definitely wanted to post about this because I think it is a big battle between moral beliefs, and I want to remember what was happening and how I felt about it.