Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our Weekend

We had a pretty full weekend this last weekend. It started with a super fun night with Tom and Rachel at the Nuggets game. Jakob got free one-hundred and fifteen dollar tickets to the Nuggets game through work. And VIP parking. I love those kind of perks! We invited Tom and Rachel to go with us and we had so much fun. Our seats were awesome, but the conversation was better. I did notice that Carmelo Anthony has the cutest smile and seems like such a nice guy and that Allen Iverson has very skinny legs and runs super fast. So I got the most out of the game that could be expected of me. The Nuggets won by a lot so that is good, too.

We then went for pizza and Pizookie at BJ's. Yummy. Next up for the weekend was a kind of sudden decision to put our house up for sale again. It just came up and we talked about it and felt like this was a good thing to do. The theme for this attempt to sell is 'Faith Without Works Is Dead.' Meaning that to sell this house and not lose too much money would require a huge miracle, but we have to at least try in order to hope for that possibility. And if we don't sell it, which is very likely, at least we know that this is where Heavenly Father wants us to be......depressed. J/K! :) If we did sell our house, we wouldn't move far. In fact, we want to stay at the same school, so we wouldn't move more than walking distance from where we are now. We just need a little more space for these growing boys, and I get anxious just thinking of bringing another little guy into this little house. But what will be will be.

So with that huge decision being made last week, we spent the weekend working our fannies off on all of the unfinished projects we have going on. I FINALLY finished painting our bathroom to match our room. And Jakob sledgehammered the rest of the tile out of our kitchen. We also started to lay the laminate floor in there, but we quickly decided that we would have to slow down on that and not stay up so late. We are getting burnt out. Plus I almost said my first swear word around midnight on Sunday night! The very thought!

So now we are very tired, but we're slowly chipping away to make our house decent for selling. On our list: figure out a way to take off the gigantic, dark oil stain on our driveway, hook up all the fire alarms, organize our garage and possibly get a storage unit for some of the junk we have in there, clean our carpets, touch up paint, and figure out how to fix our chandelier. I'm tired just thinking about it.

So I have been quite busy and that's why I haven't been commenting on blogs, but I hope to catch up soon. I was tagged on Sam's blog to write eight things about my kids. Since I just did Kobe and Jude's birthday posts, I don't have too much to say about them. And I want to save some good stuff for Luke's birthday post, but I will mention a few things about each kid:

Kobe
Kobe has the sweetest little singing voice. I was just thinking that I should maybe put him in voice lessons or something so that he starts to train young. Now that he can read, he is always singing the hymns and it is so cute to hear his little voice singing the hymns. He is usually right on key, too.

Kobe is also a very muscular kid. At his seven year appointment our Dr. kept mentioning how solid and muscular he is. He is proportionate for his height and weight, he just has a large stature. He's been this way since he was a baby. I call him 'Russell Crowe' because he kind of has that build.

He used to mention a bunch that he can't wait to die so that he can see Heavenly Father again. Uhhhh......how sweet? I didn't know quite how to react to that, but I know what his tender heart meant.

Luke
I want to save stuff for Luke's birthday post. But I will mention here that he eats like a maniac. He is eating all day. And he is always done with dinner in like three minutes flat. He reminds me of my brother Robbie because they both stuff their mouth as full as they can with food before starting to chew. Robbie was infamous for choking all the time, so I hope that Luke slows down so we don't have to face those scares. But he's as skinny as he can be, so I don't know where that food all goes.

I just discovered that Luke's feet are almost the exact same size as Kobe's. I feel bad because he has been in small shoes for awhile now, just because I assumed that his sizes would match Kobe's old sizes. But he has gigantic, skinny long feet. And his toes are like four inches long. I wonder if this means that he'll be really tall. I am obsessed with children's feet for some reason, and I have especially taken a liking to Lukey's. I am always grabbing his feet and tickling them and sometimes kissing them. Now sometimes Luke will say, "Mom, stop staring at my feet!"

Jude
I've already written a lot about Jude. But he has a big personality. Lately he pouts in public by just sitting down in the aisle, on the sidewalk, on the street and just frowning. My first child to ever do that. Jude still has very little hair. Jakob is delusionally optimistic and always says that he thinks Jude is growing more hair. He's not. He takes after my side, so I anticipate he will get a full head of hair sometime around Kindergarten.

He is always telling his brothers what to do. I think that he thinks he is the third parent. It's very funny. Whenever Kobe asks any question, Jude will say, "Not today, Kobe." We all laugh. But Jude also is so cute and funny. He knows the first Article of Faith just by listening to us try and teach the older boys. I wish I knew how to post videos because I think that would be a fun one to post. He is also CONSTANTLY saying 'Jesus Christ'. He is not using it in vain. He is always actually referring to Jesus Christ. He just likes to talk about Him a lot. And he never just says 'Jesus', always 'Jesus Christ'.

Jude's great at dancing, and also sings, "It's too late to apologize," all day. He knows what we love to hear, and he usually delivers!

I won't tag anyone specific, but I would LOVE to hear eight things about all of your kids!

7 comments:

Stina said...

You guys are maniacs! Here I am complaining about our little bathroom remodel and you guys are tackling projects I wouldn't even attempt! "Sledgehammered"!!! I hope that whatever is supposed to happen, happens with your house. I know you've been wanting to make a move for awhile, so maybe this is the time! Even if you don't end up selling, I think you are going to be so happy with the improvements you're making and completion of projects anyway, so this is a win-win!

Loved hearing the stories about the boys. I'm so glad that Kobe got your singing genes. I remember you saying once that you had an obsession about toes and teeth - so to hear about Luke's feet was so funny. Lastly, I love that Jude is such a little boss.

I can't really be tagged since I don't have kids yet, but I think the baby in utero has been written about enough on my blog that that counts as my 8 (or 8,000) things about my kid! (I won't torture you with writing 8 things about my other "kid", Poe.)

This Girl said...

Hmm, where to start. First, Tony used to work at ChemDry so we can hook you up with some cheap carpet cleaning. Next, my brother-in-law is an electrician and does side jobs so we can hook you up there too, to help with the chandelier. Tony can do tile, flooring, cabinets, pretty much anything that's hands on he can tackle. Let me know if you would like some help! And I'm serious, I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it!!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I don't get a lot out of sports either...in fact, we went to a hockey game a few months ago and had good seats too and I notice how cute some of the players were. I also noticed a lot of missing teeth.
Good luck with the house...I hope it sells fast!

Marcie said...

okay, I will have to admit that the first thing I thought about when readying Luke's section was how Robbie always choked! I remember it was especially with hot dogs and we were never allow to make or give robbie hot dogs when mom wasn't at home. I am laughing so hard just thinking about that. second, that is so funny about the feet and that he calls you out on staring at them. third, you HAVE to learn to put video on your blog! I would love to hear all your boys singing and see jude dancing. What a great post. Good luck with your house, sounds like a lot of work. What is the size and tint of glass you are looking for with you chandaler? Maybe everyone could keep a look out for something that might work.

D-dawg said...

Very cute Mindy! I love Jude! He sounds so adorable. Good luck with getting your house in order to put on the market that is SO SO stressful!!!

Anonymous said...

You should talk to our old realtor, Pie. He is the nicest guy! He is very honest and open about telling us all the things we would need to do to get the house sold. It was really helpful because we were clueless! Let me know if you want his number. I can't wait to see pics of the new floor! I'm sure it will look great!

Natalie said...

Wow, best of luck with selling your house. If we had to get our house ready to sell right now, I'd be exhausted, too! Are you guys using a realtor or doing it yourselves?

Loved the tribute to your boys.