Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

(I'm going to pretend that it hasn't already been four days since Easter. I'm so behind.) Happy Easter! We had a wonderful Easter, despite the freezing, snowy morning. We've had some really nice weather here lately, but of course it has to snow for Easter. The Easter Bunnies debated on whether they should just hide eggs in the house this Easter, but the traditional voice in their head knew that some had to be hidden in the backyard. So, to avoid wet candy, the Easter Bunnies set their alarm and awoke at 5am to drop eggs all over the backyard. (My teenage children can reference this post when they say that I never do anything for them.)

The boys awoke early and were very happy with their gifts from the Easter Bunny. They all got new bikes for the spring, some games, Star Wars Lego sets, and little Jude Davy got his own Power Ranger set since 'Jude the Robber' is constantly stealing the boys' Ranger stuff. They also got some plastic snakes, coloring books, and the biggest hit - remote control whoopee cushions. As you can see from the picture, Jude was a little grumpy first thing in the morning, but once he got into the candy, he changed his tune about the holiday.

Then Daddy took the boys out to look for their Easter eggs in the backyard. It was C-O-L-D. Jude didn't last too long, but Kobe and Luke found all the eggs. We had a wonderful Easter morning despite the cold weather.

Here are the boys in their Easter outfits. Matching ties. So cute. And then we got someone to take a picture with all of us at church with the classic blue background. We talked a lot about Jesus Christ and the Atonement with the boys on Easter Sunday. One of my favorite messages that was shared at church, though, was how our Easter Sunday doesn't differ much from every other Sunday of the year because we remember Christ's death and resurrection all year round. And we should be celebrating and remembering the Atonement every day. I love Easter Sunday and the chance to reflect on the Savior, but I also love that reflecting on the Atonement wasn't a first for my boys, and that they already feel gratitude for Jesus Christ and what He did for us. (Jude especially remembers Jesus Christ every single day!)

9 comments:

Stina said...

Wow, the Easter Bunny must be very good friends with Santa b/c I have never seen so much loot from the Bunny before! What lucky boys! The egg hunt looks fun even though it was cold. I LOVE the matching ties! Can you imagine four little matching ties running around some day? I am dying from the cuteness! Also, why no matching tie for Dad? Or would that be TOO matchy? You look great too!

This Girl said...

That looks like a picture of Christmas morning! Your boys must have been very good for the easter bunny to bring all that!

Mindy said...

Guys-
I must explain. I do agree that the loot is a little hefty for Easter. But it is one of those situations where they all desperately needed new bikes anyway and it doesn't feel great to just hand them over new bikes for no reason. So we let the Easter Bunny do the honors. Definitely excessive, but better than nice new bikes for no reason, right?

Becky said...

Julia got roller skates for Easter last year. We don't usually do gifts like that, but we had ordered them for her birthday, and they came in the mail half way between her birthday and Easter. And she was fine just getting little stuff in her basket this year!

Your boys are so handsome!

D-dawg said...

My kids can never know what your easter bunny brings! (o:

I love that last picture of your family. Everyone looks so nice and the boys look so handsome in their ties!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Was it Christmas morning or Easter? The Easter bunny only brought candy to our house. When the boys started making toy requests, the Easter bunny decided to only bring candy. My boys have been a tiny bit ungrateful lately. They have a bazillion toys, but of course none of them are cool or fun. Anyway...I love your hair! You look really good. We are excited to see you in May. Tanner still talks about Luke weekly.

Natalie said...

Hey, I think James has that same bike that Kobe got. I'm not exactly sure cause we haven't used it for so dang long because it's still freezing here. But, ANYWAY, I was going to say the same thing as Denae; my kids can not see what the Easter Bunny brings to your house :) That picture of all three of them in matching ties is adorable!!! Your boys are so cute. Did you get the white shirts at Children's Place too? I have trouble finding a nice white shirt for my boys that irons well. (What I mean to say, a shirt that would iron easily if I ever ironed...)

Anonymous said...

Handsome boys! And I can finally see your baby bump, plus your hair is getting so long! Lookin good!

Rachel B. said...

Your boys look so cute in their matching ties. And you seriously look awesome!