Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Pickin

On Saturday we went to our usual pumpkin stomping ground, Nick's Nursery. Same as last year. I can't believe it's been a whole year. But anyways, we love Nick's because they have a bunch of fun stuff for the kids to do, as well as a huge selection of beautiful pumpkins at beautiful prices.

The boys are in their full sweats because we just came from swimming lessons. I shouldn't have to explain or be embarrassed, but I kind of am. Only because full sweats are a little casual for a memory making outing. But for everyday occasions I love to dress my boys in sweats. They are so comfortable and warm and I just know that their little bodies must be saying, "Thank you! We are warm and comfy!" I wish I could wear full sweats every day. In fact, Jake saw a very tall man in full sweats the other day. What a trailblazer.

We had a lot of fun at the pumpkin patch. The boys all chose pumpkins unique from each other. Luke's was kind of taller and thinner, and Kobe's was more short and plump. And Jude's is round. They washed their pumpkins at the pumpkin wash, jumped on the bouncy castle, walked through the hay maze, and sampled apple cider.

This is definitely turning out to be a more laid back October, which I'm grateful for. So this was our big fall hurrah. I love doing things with my family. I can take my three boys to do things on my own, but it's entirely more fulfilling when Jake is there and we're all together.

We got our first big snow storm yesterday. It came down heavy, but won't stick which I'm grateful for. I could use just a little bit more fall before I have scrape my windows every morning. But I am excited to break out the snow boots for the boys!

8 comments:

Stina said...

Looks so fun! I went back to your post from last year - Jude in his little hat is sooo precious! (He still is of course.)
I think what I love most about your pumpkin patch is the "Pumpkin Wash" station. Brilliant!

A note on sweats: I own 3 pairs of sweatpants. Two are gray and say Wellesley on them and the third is my blue pair from Costco which I have actually written a blog post about. My only hoodie is also gray. When I go out every morning to walk Poe, it looks like I have a full sweats outfit on unless I wear my blue pants, and this is something I consciously think about on an almost daily basis. Do you know how liberating it would be for me to let go of this concern? How can we get wearing full sweats to become a trend? Maybe this is your Oprah show-making opportunity!

Mindy said...

Christina,
I totally have a few pair of Costco sweats as well, and I love them. I am not embarrassed to go out in public in those sweats at all. Do your Wellesley sweats have elastic at the bottom? To me, those are the old school, authentic sweats that I wish I could still wear out. With the matching sweatshirt. They're so comfortable! The man that Jake saw was wearing elastic at the bottom sweats. I just smile every time I think of it.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing pumpkin patch! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pumkin washing ... how clever is that! The boys look adorable, I can't wait for you all to come to Thailand so we can gobble up those little munchkins! I love you Min, thanks for making it possible for us to be a part of your life half way around the world! Love, Mom

Stina said...

I didn't think it was possible to say more about sweatpants, but yes I am going to continue.

One of my gray sweatpants has a loose hem like the Costco pants, but the other one is the old-style elastic at the cuffs kind. That is the pair that I feel the most self-conscious wearing (especially with the matching gray hoodie; I wouldn't even dare think about wearing a matching plain gray sweatshirt with it).

Our costumes for the middle school musical "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown!" were full sweats in bright colors (the old school style). I had a hot pink sweatshirt and blue sweatpants. I still remember loving that outfit and how comfortable it was to wear for rehearsals and performances.

Min, when we eventually have our girls' weekend, we are going to spend the entire time wearing matching full sweats. Solidarity!

Jill said...

Hi Mindy!
That was a fun surprise!! I have you on my google reader now too. I love reconnecting with old friends...I think about Wyview often too. Do you keep in touch with anyone else? Your blog is fun. Looks like I have some reading to do! ha ha. Your famly is adorable. You guys look just the same!! Good to hear from you. Talk to you again soon!!!

Natalie said...

Mindy: I still remember your post from last year when you explained that Kobe could not pick out his pumpkin until Luke picked out his - because Kobe's had to be bigger and better. So funny! Looks like they've done their own thing this year with the pumpkin picking. Great pictures!

D-dawg said...

Mindy, at least your boys sweats are all cute and matchy and not stained like my kids are. Sweats are fine but I know how you feel about wanting them to be cute in pictures. These pictures are so cute regardless of the sweats.

James said...

I like the pumpkin wash station too. It makes me think of a newspaper article I read about people who race pumpkins as boats. It is awesome - read and enjoy. Thanks for blogging cuz.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB119283224266365303-F9WtM_oVNUFunTPAuIjU0WfjBEU_20071118.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top


By the way - my mom loves your blog too.