Tuesday, January 30, 2007

No Title

The title of this post is 'No Title' because I am so angry that I cannot possibly think of anything clever to title this post. I am so angry. Maybe that should've been the title. About a week ago I was pretty good about posting. Every few days - and feeling good about it. "But why are none of my friends posting?" I thought. It had been over a week since anyone on my 'favorites' list of bloggers had posted, and I have like ten that I look up every day. Every hour. Well, fine then. I will not post until they do. Another week goes by. What's wrong with these people? I know this month is depressing, but come on! We have to keep each other afloat!

As this is going on, I am slowly sinking deeper and deeper into depressing January. Each day is a little darker than the next. And then a few minutes ago I get hit by a ton of bricks. Unbeknownst to me, my husband is a secret blogger. Ah, I guess it's not just us ladies! Jakob doesn't keep a blog, but must occasionally sneak a peak at all my links, because he called me to chat about a certain video posted on my friend's blog. A video of sentimental value to us because we were there when this video was taken. A video that I didn't even know was posted.

MY COMPUTER IS NOT LETTING ME ACCEPT NEW BLOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am panicked and confused and short on oxygen. And outraged. OUTRAGED!!!!! Maybe I wouldn't be in the state that I'm in if I had been able to read a funny post by Denae. Or a sweet story about Christina's new puppy. Or the mommy-happenings of my friend Natalie. I hear even Michiko ventured out and posted since her new baby. But no. I have been abandoned. My computer has sabotaged my happiness, and I cannot go on.

There's so many questions. What is wrong with my computer? When will it be fixed? How will I ever find the time to catch up on all the blogs I've missed? Well, that last one doesn't worry me so much. I think I'll just add another 'Video Game Day' this week. But still. Somehow finding out that my friends have been posting made me feel more depressed. It feels like a party that I wasn't invited to. Or a gossip circle that I'm on the outside of. Or that first day of 7th grade when I sat in the corner of the lunch room eating all by myself. Ah, I'll save that for another post.

"Do you believe in life after blogs? I can feel something inside me say, I really don't think you're strong enough, no." Thanks, Cher.

5 comments:

Stina said...

Welcome back Mindy! I have to say when there is a lull in your posts I get sad because I love reading your updates! I hope you get your computer fixed - it seems to be working now b/c I just got two of your comments (I did not receive the one about Poe's winter coat, though). Great to see a new post!

Natalie said...

Mindy:
I hate it when computers do dumb things like that. Geesh. I have missed your posts. Your clever writing is so fun to read. And, I have to tell you that in 7th grade, I would always want to eat lunch with a friend like you!

Anonymous said...

Mindy! I'm so sorry that I'm laughing. But seriously, I was going to e-mail you today and see if everything was ok. Not only did you not post for awhile but you also weren't sending comments to anyone and you always do. But I didn't want to say anything at first because I didn't want you to feel pressure to comment everytime because you totally don't have to. But it did seem strange. That has sort of happened to me before... I mean for a day or two it will look like no one has posted and then I just have to refresh the page a few times and the new ones will come up. I'm so sorry though! I love blogs too and die when there are no new ones to read. I hope your computer gets fixed soon. We've missed you in the blogging world!!!!! And I do love hearing your voice in the background of the slingshot video saying, "are you ok??" You were the first one that seemed concerned... thanks (o:

Anonymous said...

How dumb is it that we communicate through blogs! I mean, we live like, 3 minutes away from each other. You can always come over and use my computer!

Anonymous said...

How dumb is it that we communicate through blogs! I mean, we live like, 3 minutes away from each other. You can always come over and use my computer!