Saturday, October 07, 2006

"Mindy, you are an inspiration!"

The title of this blog is a direct quote from my biggest fan....me. I've had so many requests for a follow up to my price matching blog (by me) that I had to document my most recent triumph. Last night, for our date night, Jakob and I went out and conquered Walmart. Some of these purchases might not bring you any excitement, but every single thing that we bought are standards in our kitchen, so we really hit the jackpot this time. The exception is the Healthy Choice meals, which I always want to get so that I can try and eat better, but can't justify their high price. But now I'm fully stocked, so I'll have to come up with a new excuse for why I mysteriously am gaining weight after having my third baby instead of gradually losing it.

The items we stockpiled were: Aunt Jemima Butter Rich Syrup (we eat a lot of eggos), Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Healthy Choice Meals, a box of Life Cereal, a tub of Quaker Oats (for 'No Bake' Cookies), Quaker Granola Bars, and some strawberries since I am now a jam making expert (after my first successful try). Because I had Jakob as my accomplice last night, he kept track of exactly what the total would've been: $146.46. What we paid: $64!!!! A savings of over 56%!!! You go, Mindy! You're the best!!!!! ;)

3 comments:

Stina said...

Mindy, you ARE the best! I am sooo impressed by the rows of $1.00 one after another on that receipt. You are right to be proud of your money-saving ways! I don't know if I'll ever have the discipline to price-match (and Walmart stresses me out every time I go in there) but I am definitely inspired by you!

D-dawg said...

That is super cool Mindy, great job!

nanny said...

That is so incredible, Mindy, you are quite the shopper!! I am inpressed! I need to send you some money for our Christmas dinner, so you can shop and get the great deals while all the variety of sales are happening!! Good Job! And so rewarding!