Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter 2012

1
Easter knocked me off my feet with how early it came this year.  Good thing the Easter Bunny knows how to navigate Target in a hurry.

2
There was a time when I would hand pick the boys’ pajamas the night before an important holiday.  But I’m going a different direction these days.  I want our holiday pictures to have a more eclectic feel.

 
7
(Plus, politics has taught me that there is no advantage or sympathy for entitled, rich kids.  These pictures will help the boys’ American Dream/Self-Made Man personas.)

3456
8
The boys each got a Lego figurine in their baskets.  The figures are a surprise, and two of them happened to be girls.  In previous years, this could have been disastrous, but thanks to the Hunger Games, Kobe and Jude were the lucky ones who got Glimmer and Katniss.

10
How Harlie celebrated Easter morning.

9
Playing a new game.

11
Our first time making Resurrection Rolls.   (Loved the process and loved the rolls.)

13
Easter Duds.

12
A Tebow waterfall.

15161718
14
Pictures are so, so important to me.  And the boys were just not cooperating that day.

19
I quietly retreated to my room after this second attempt at location #2.  Some moms want their children to have good table manners or keep their rooms clean.  I just want my boys to smile and look at the camera.  Jakob talked to them and they apologized.  It was timely that they had to repent and promise to do better that Easter afternoon.
Happy Easter!

No comments: