Friday, February 11, 2011

AUGUST - What do you get when you put four Germans on a raft?

A hilarious, good time!

Jakob took me rafting.  We had some rafting credit and had been meaning to go all summer.  So we hurried up and went the second to last weekend before they closed.  We shared our raft with a German family who is touring the US on their month long holiday.  They had a huge motor home and they are making their way across the Midwest and plains.  Because they want to see the real America and cowboys.  And of course, Las Vegas.  They were fun.  A lot of good jokes about the life preservers being like bras.

I was super nervous to go rafting and scared I would fall out of the raft.  But because it was the end of the season, it was basically like a river float.  Kind of a disappointment, but now I'm hungry for more.  I really want to have a rafting adventure I can be proud of next summer.  We'll see!

3 comments:

Becky said...

That's so funny about the German family. Once the summer before last, we camped right next to a German family of four who had rented a HUGE RV for the summer! They had been here for at least a month and were going home the next day, so they gave us their charcoal. They had also been to Vegas!

Kelli said...

I love the German family. Their faces are hilarious. You guys looked like you had fun. We should all go river rafting sometime! Miss you guys!

Michiko said...

Ok, rafting and more sporting events???

You're already president, sheesh!

haha