Saturday, June 27, 2009

Easter 2009

We were lucky that the big baptism weekend fell on Easter weekend! We haven't spent Easter with family since Kobe was a baby, so it was fun to have everyone there.

We had Easter dinner on Saturday night after Kobe's baptism since Jakob's parents were going to head back home after church on Sunday.

I had grand plans to cook my family a delicious Easter dinner, but was working so hard on Kobe's picture slideshow that the Grandma's did the whole thing for me. I felt kinda bad, and kinda relieved, and kinda SUPER EXCITED to eat their delicious food! Doesn't food just taste better when it's prepared by someone else?!? Thanks, Judy and Mom.

The Easter Bunny blessed the boys again this year! (SIDENOTE: The Easter Bunny still visits our house on Easter morning. I completely respect the families who have the Easter Bunny visit the Saturday before. But I just wanted to give a shout-out to all of us who still search for eggs before church on Sunday. There is a place in the Celestial Kingdom for all of us. :))

This was the Easter of games! And the boys got some fun ones. We have been playing these games non-stop since then.

Tate's first Easter was exciting. He didn't quite get it, but knew that something out of the ordinary was going on and loved the chaos.

We all went to church together. I love having my family visit and showing off how many people in the world love me.

Jude got very emotional when family started saying their goodbyes. He wishes we could all be together forever. And what a timely day to teach him that we WILL all be together forever.....after a long life filled with trials, tribulation, and last-days destruction.

Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Stina said...

What a jampacked weekend! I got so sad to see Jude's sad face! He is such a sweetheart and social butterfly!

Olivia said...

Mindy, you crack me up. I'm glad you are blogging again, even if you have lost the fire for it for the time being. Does all this blogging mean you are back in CO? Hope so!

Anyway, looks like you had a fun easter! And our kids have no idea who the Easter Bunny is because we are werid zealots, so think how lucky your kids are to have such a cool mom, and how much they must love you!!!

michiko said...

Wow. Stressful! So much family! A baptism! Easter! A musical! No wonder you don't have time to blog!

Marcie said...

How much fun did you guys have without us? I love how big our family is getting and the comment you made about showing people how many people love you. Jude is such a sweetheart. I bet you all had so much fun.