I'm back! But probably just for today. No promises of regular posting or anything. It's just that June was a heckuva time to have a baby and stop blogging because it is such a busy month! So I am feeling super overwhelmed by catch-up blogs and thought I'd tackle some this morning.
An update on how things have been going: they're going. Because they have to. Little Tater is a good baby. It's those other three rascals that are struggling a little bit. Well, it's more like I'm struggling because of those three rascals. I thought having the baby while the boys were out of school would be a good thing because I wouldn't have to worry about pick-up/drop-off and homework. But it turns out that it has made for some very bored kids trapped in the house all day and demanding a lot of attention.
I understand that the boys are trapped in this house and have to keep themselves busy with countless crafts and cooking projects that they undertake without my help or permission. I understand that spending 24/7 with your brothers will cause some contention and craziness. I understand that they want to help with the baby and are too young to remember things like not touching the nipple of the binky with their nasty hands. I understand that since the baby stopped crying once when big brother put his hand on his back that now big brother must always run to crying Tate and demand to put his hand on his back. I understand all of these things. But it doesn't make it any easier.
The good news is that I don't have the baby blues very much this time. I had late-onset depression after Jude was born, though. When he was about six months old. So I'm not in the clear yet. But for now I'm feeling really great. Except that I'm eating a ton because its something - the only thing - I have control over. I was feeling guilty about it, but I've never been a great dieter when I'm nursing because my weight refuses to come off for that year anyway. So I hope to leave myself alone and then worry about weight loss a year from now. Easier said than done.
School starts next week and I think things will get easier. We'll see!
Thursday, July 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've missed you...hope the adjustment continues to go well. Hang in there.
So glad to see you back! I think you're doing spectacularly considering that you are home all day with four boys. I'm glad to hear the baby blues so far have eluded you. And you deserve your treats! Good luck with back to school!
School should help, I hope. Call me if you want to send any or all of your kids over anytime!!! (Not Tate, of course. I might just decide to not give him back to you!)
I'm glad things are going well! Good luck with school next week!
Thank goodness for year round school :) Hopefully things will be a litte more routine. Well you can always hope.
Post a Comment