Kobe has glasses! He was randomly getting these really horrible headaches where he would have to lay on the couch and would cry in pain. I was thinking brain tumor, but a friend suggested I get his eyes checked. Sure enough, he is far-sighted, which means that he sees fine far away, but strains during reading. The doctor said that many children will grow out of this in time, and gave him some 'student glasses' for desk work. The hardest part was picking out the frames, because Kobe would only try on the sample pairs that were blue. I explained that many of the glasses can be ordered in blue, but a five year old's imagination can't fathom things unseen very well, so the choice was between blue frame A and blue frame B. Fortunately, blue frame A was as cute as can be! He loves his glasses and wears them all the time. It's a good age to get glasses - good for the self-esteem. All his friends are always saying, "I want glasses like Kobe!" And Kobe grins from ear to ear. I will now use this post to officially announce the retirement of Kobe's famous spiky hair. It made it's first appearance Halloween '04 when he went as Harry Potter, and stuck around ever since. But a couple weeks ago, during our 'styling time', Kobe got tears in his eyes and said he didn't want spiky hair anymore because it makes him sad when people touch his hair and say, "Ouch!" I tried to console him and tell him they were just joking, but he just doesn't want the attention anymore. I know I'm going to try and sneak it in every once in awhile if I can, but for now, "Au Revoir Spiky Hair!"
Luke is really enjoying preschool and friends. He is finally old enough to start building relationships with other kids, and loves to list off all his friends: Spencer, Grant, Logan, Kai, Tanner, Nate, Matthew, and more. He's a social guy! His friend, Grant, is a year older than him. They have gotten together to play twice. But, apparently, there was a lot of deep discussion and interaction during those meetings, because everything Luke knows, he learned from Grant. "Cool moves, Luke!" "Grant taught me." "Thanks you for being reverent during the prayer." "Grant told me how." Almost every sentence out of Luke's mouth begins with "Grant". He used to have this same dialogue, but instead with his Uncle Kenny as his mentor. "Kenny" still sneaks in an appearance here and there, but it's mostly "Grant". Luke is also a super cuddly guy. Whenever he is watching TV, playing a game, or playing video games, he always finds a blanket to lay over him. It's so cute! Usually it's one of Jude's blankets since those are most accessible. I think most kids wouldn't interrupt what they're doing to find a blanket to snuggle with, but Luke is a snuggler and never forgets to grab a blanky. "I'n cunfy."
Jude is nine months today! He has graduated from an army crawl to being up on all fours. Unless he's on our cold, tile, kitchen floor and then he walks on his toes and hands, bended at the waist. He thinks he's pretty big and immediately magnets toward anything he shouldn't be getting into. He eats cheerios and biter biscuits now. He's also a jokester. When he knows he's getting into something he shouldn't be, he looks right at Jakob and I, smiles, and then turns and crawls as fast as he can towards the naughty thing, squealing in delight as he goes. He's started to wave and clap a little. The other day, it was just Kobe, Jude and I at the dinner table. After I got done saying the prayer, Jude said loudly, "Amen." I'M NOT JOKIN! (As Kobe always says) He said Amen as clear as can be and Kobe and I were laughing so hard. We have tried to repeat the magic, but Jude hasn't even come close to 'Amen'. However, as we are getting ready to close a prayer, he recognizes the ending and will always give out a little gibberish, his way of saying amen, I guess.We're good here. Super busy, thus the lack of blogging. I hope things will calm down next week. I want to blog about the horror, anxiety, stomach issues, and glimpse of satisfaction that the church choir is giving me eventually. Another time!
6 comments:
Kobe looks great with his new glasses and non-spiky hair! I also love the stories about Luke and Jude; they really give you a sense of their personalities.
Kobe, you look fantastic in your new blue glasses! Did you know everyone in our family has worn glasses, even me and Papa! You look awesome! I bet all your friends wish they had glasses like you! How cool is that! And Lukey, I love your picture of you and that nice blanket. It looked so soft and cuddley! When Nanny comes and visits we'll have to snuggle together! I bet it gets cold in Denver! hey little Jude, you sound like you are trying hard to keep up with your brothers! It will be no time at all when you will be saying the prayers! Keep up the good work. I love you all, Nanny
Very cute detailed stories about all of them! I love Kobe's glasses and I'm so glad he's ok with them. I got them in 4th grade and it was so embarassing for me that I tried to hide them when I was wearing them. Luke and Jude are adorable. I love the "Grant" story. Cute pictures too. Thanks for sharing!
Mindy, Such a fun blog. I loved reading it. And, Kobe looks totally cool with the glasses. All your boys are so adorable!
Hey Jakob, HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- your card is on its way (well next week I will get it down to the Commissary). We hope you have a great birthday! There is an email for you on Mindy's account because I don't have an email address for you!!
Happy birthday, We sure do love you! Love, Billy, Jmaie, Kenny, and Timmy.
No more spiky hair?? SAD! That was the York-boy trademark for me . . . Your party for Jakob turned out so well, Jeremy and I are still laughing about all the funny memories. Good job, and thanks for inviting us!
Post a Comment