"We perhaps need to snatch happiness in little pieces, learning to recognize the elements of happiness and then treasuring them while they last."—President James E. Faust Ensign, Oct. 2000, 2
I just found this quote on the church website and love it. I'm going to display it in my home somehow. In my life, it means recognizing the little things my kids do every day that bring me happiness, and remembering them or recording them somehow. Because, before I know it, my kids will be grown and gone. (Man, it sure is hard to write this blog right now with Kobe chanting, "It's not fair!" in my ear!) ANYWAYS, this week has been so wonderful because my kids have really recognized that we're in a little funk with Daddy traveling so much and they have been on their best behavior and so fun to be around. I definitely want to remember what sweet, good boys they are almost all the time....almost most of the time....sometimes.
This picture is the first professional picture of all three of the boys and I definitely recognize how happy it makes me! I get so stressed about pictures and wanting everything to be just perfect. Somehow my boys have been able to sense this about me even when they are very young and they always seem to come through. I love this picture and love my boys! Happiness!
4 comments:
I love that picture! That's a great quote too!
That is a great picture! Your stressing out paid off b/c they all look perfect!
Adorable! The picture turned out great . . . I love the quote too. I might have to steal it and put it up in my house somewhere too! So, we're joining your club! Three boys!
Congratulations on a great picture! It's so hard to get kids' pictures taken and it's the best when they turn out so good! We are going to be trying to get a family one done soon and I just know it's going to be the worst experience!
Post a Comment